Combined wallpaper in the bedroom is a very stylish and unusual solution. They can not only divide the space into zones, but also favorably emphasize the dignity of the interior..
How can you glue?
The alternation of textures involves the use of different stripes and wallpaper inserts.
Walls can be pasted over in patchwork, horizontal, vertical ways.
The options are as follows:
- Vertical combining. This is where alternating stripes are combined. They must be equal in width to each other, otherwise, with careless work, such products can ruin the entire interior..
The texture of the wallpaper for different parts should be equally dense, so you should not combine different materials. Uniform color palette and smooth transitions are not needed here. The vertical combination is dominated by contrast and sharpness.
Such a sticker visually enlarges the ceiling and makes the sleeping area more spacious. A bright accent on certain areas is appropriate if there is very little furniture in the room..
- Horizontal combination. The options for combining different textures in the horizontal plane are also diverse. Designers recommend making the lower part of the wall in uniform colors during repairs, and diluting the upper part with drawings or ornaments..
Here you can experiment with different textures – as opposed to vertical blending. With this method, the boundaries of the transitions are outlined with the help of decorative stucco moldings. A single-colored strip is suitable for patterned and striped wallpapers, and ornamental stucco moldings will better decorate walls in monotones.
It is better to combine non-woven wallpaper. This material is unpretentious when working. There are options for matte and glossy finishes, which are interestingly combined with each other..
- Patchwork combination. This method is rare in the bedroom interior. In it catchy details and heterogeneous textures are intertwined. The wall, covered with wallpaper patches, looks like a bedspread or carpet. If you are going to start this bedroom design, you should consult with the designers and make a layout first.
The selection of combined wallpapers assumes a “game” with colors and textures. Such canvases are of two types: one-color and multi-colored. It is worth considering them in more detail:
- One color in different shades. This arrangement creates a harmonious design in discreet colors. The main thing is not to overdo it with the brightness of the colors. The rich palette of one part of the wallpaper must be diluted with a calmer scale. The difference can vary by two shades, no more.
The ideal option in the bedroom would be a combination of pastel colors. For example, you can combine dark beige and milky coatings..
For monochrome combinations, it is recommended to use one material, so as not to focus on sharp contrast..
- Different wallpapers. You can add variety using a composition of different wallpapers. This is the case when one wall is decorated with different materials. Such renovation makes the premises unique and unusual. If the apartment is decorated in the same style, then it is simply necessary to give individuality to different rooms. Correctly arranged furniture will emphasize it even more..
If there is a niche in the wall, then the combined finish will be very appropriate here. Square inserts and baguettes that decorate the space in the wall will beautifully emphasize the style of the room and visually make it wider. The combination of solid vinyl and patterned textile materials will create a concise (but at the same time noteworthy) look.
Color matching rules
The choice of the color scheme of the combined wallpaper is one of the main points of creating a harmonious decor in the bedroom. There are several important points to pay attention to here:
- Spectrum intensity. The options for combining different shades of a single color are very difficult. These are not only dark and light color palettes. The color transition from one wall to another should not be contrasting. For example, one wall is pasted over with coral canvases, the rest with peach canvases. The base color is always lighter.
A combination of two shades is not welcome, but some designers choose wallpapers of the same color of different intensities for opposite walls. For example, two walls are decorated in dark blue, while the others are in blue..
Many people use spectral combining. The wallpaper is placed in ascending order – from the darkest to the lightest color. It is important to observe the smoothness of this transition here. This decoration looks great in combination with white furniture..
- Balance. When balanced, complex and simple colors are in harmony. For example, a floral canvas at the top of the wall in the middle is interrupted by plain wallpaper.
Smooth transitions for balance are not at all necessary. There are opposite shades here. The active color appears in the center of the room. It can be a green or chocolate coating that coexists with white wallpaper..
In the bedroom, bright colors are not very popular, they can negatively affect the psyche..
Red, yellow, pink, and lilac elicit strong emotional responses. Black, purple and turquoise oppress and add coldness to the atmosphere.
If pastel colors (gray, white, milky) are too commonplace for decorating a bedroom, then you should take a closer look at blue, green and brown shades. They calm the mind, create a feeling of coziness, security and warmth..
How to choose the right room for the features?
Sleeping quarters are different: small or large, sunny or shaded, with high or low ceilings. To adjust a room, sometimes it is enough just to find the right samples. The options can be as follows:
- Hide defects. Combined wallpapers are ideal for rooms with uneven walls. Composing multiple colors solves this problem. Pastel colors are less striking and visually smooth the surface. Dark, deep colors are not suitable for defective walls..
The abundance of small patterns also helps to deal with unevenness in the walls. Embossed coatings are suitable here, which fit very harmoniously into the bedroom interior. Just do not glue wallpaper with even oblong stripes or large squares, they highlight all the shortcomings.
If defects are visible at the junction, then they can be easily corrected with curbs or moldings. They contribute to a smooth transition from one part of the wallpaper to another..
- Zone space. If you need to beautifully and competently arrange a children’s bedroom for a boy and a girl, then you cannot do without combined wallpaper. They perfectly divide the space into zones. For example, where the girl’s sleeping place is, you can arrange pale pink wallpaper. A light gray canvas can be placed opposite the boy’s bed. These colors are perfectly combined – so there will be no discomfort in the room..
Such an interior solution is a great option also for small rooms, with an area of 14 m²..
Combined wallpapers are also suitable for a loft-style living room-bedroom, they will competently divide the space.
- Adjust the size of the room. The visual perception of the room can be easily adjusted. If you need to expand a square small room, then you need to highlight only one wall with a bright ornament. The oblong space is enlarged with wallpaper in nude tones, which are glued on the sides. Dark coatings are placed on the end wall.
To make your bedroom smaller and cozier, look at finely patterned wallpaper or solid navy blue, brown or black coverings. These colors hide the space.
You can lengthen the room by horizontal combination. It will divide the room into two halves: the lower one is dark, the upper one is lighter. It is the light part that will become the main source of light..
- Highlight accents. The highlight of the bedroom interior can be a bright element on the wallpaper. He will draw attention to objects that are next to the wall. The dark tones of the canvases will defocus the eyes and will not destroy the comfort.
Wallpaper must be in harmony with the environment. This applies not only to colors, but also to style. Designers recommend decorating the room so that common patterns or colors are present on the walls and furniture..
Fashion trends suggest a variety of combined wallpaper options. So that the selected canvases look in the general interior not only beautifully and stylishly, but also harmoniously, you need to use several combination rules:
- Wallpaper must be of the same type and not vary in thickness. Otherwise, it will be difficult to dock them..
- If beginners will be engaged in gluing wallpaper, do not experiment. A composition of three or four shades without a competent approach can look too pretentious..
- Before a full-fledged repair, it is worth buying trial rolls in the store so as not to be mistaken with the color and size. At home, it will immediately be seen whether such a model is suitable for this particular room. Here, special attention is paid to the originality of the lighting and the interior..
- Bright colors should not be chosen for spectral combining. For this technique, monochrome options are more suitable (white-gray-black combinations).
- The most important advice is to make the walls as flat as possible..
In combining wallpaper, you can experiment not only with colors, but also with different materials. There are matte, glossy, velvety wallpapers.
If you use coatings from different materials, but in the same color scheme, then you can create a wonderful interior design.
Among the most popular materials are:
- Paper. The budget option is smooth single-layer wallpaper, but it is very difficult to work with them. When water gets on the paper, they can tear easily. It is not very convenient when combining different parts. Due to the thin material on the wall, all defects will be visible.
The most suitable option is multi-layer duplex or triplex wallpaper. Their cost is slightly higher than the price of single-layer, but they also remain affordable for the average buyer. Such coatings hide minor imperfections on the walls. Their only drawback is that they quickly fade in the sun and are easily torn..
- Vinyl. These wallpapers are made of paper or non-woven backing. Thanks to a variety of vinyl application techniques, the result is many interesting models. Silk-screen wallpaper or heavy vinyl flooring is ideal for sleeping quarters..
If the walls in the bedroom are even, then silk-screen materials can be glued. They look very solemn. A slight shine will be noticeable even in the dark, it resembles the shine of natural silk fabrics.
A significant drawback of such wallpapers is the heavy air in the room. Due to the vinyl waterproof film, the walls practically do not breathe. However, the problem is quite solvable if you regularly ventilate the room or install ventilation in it..
- Non-woven. This wallpaper is made of non-woven fabric made from cellulose and chemical fibers. Vinyl or other decorative coating is applied to the non-woven backing.
Non-woven fabrics are very durable, elastic and convenient when pasting walls. The technology is as simple as possible. A special glue is applied to dry wallpaper, which does not corrode the surface. After that, the canvases are easily fixed on a vertical plane..
Due to the high density of the material, they look great even on uneven walls.
Such models are wide meter rolls. For large rooms, this is very convenient, fewer joints are formed. Small rooms will be more difficult. To avoid problems with the alignment of the picture, it is better to call a specialist who, during work, minimizes the likelihood of defects..
Another disadvantage of non-woven wallpaper is the high price. However, it fully justifies itself due to the complex production technology and expensive fibers in the composition. Having paid once, the landlord will be able to worry about the condition of the walls for many years..
- Textile. Wallpapers related to this type are not available for everyone. Often they are classified as luxury. They are made from a non-woven base and natural fabrics: jute, linen, cotton, velor or silk.
Rigid fibers made of flax and jute are embodied in canvases that resemble a mat. The fleecy wallpaper is made of velor or felt. Woven fabrics are produced in the form of very wide rolls, using which, in one go, you can paste over one entire wall. It is very convenient because you do not have to dock different edges..
When combining, textile wallpapers are chosen from the same material, but in different colors. For example, a silky base is presented in a wide spectral range. However, the combination of different parts will not be carried out on one wall, but at once throughout the entire space of the room..
Textile fabrics have two significant drawbacks – high cost and problematic care. For example, velor surfaces accumulate a lot of dust, which is difficult to remove from the walls. It should be noted that wet cleaning is not suitable for textile wallpaper. All these disadvantages for many are compensated by the aesthetic appeal of these coatings..
- Wallpaper. Such canvases are very often used in the combined technique of pasting walls. The photo can be applied to paper, vinyl or non-woven backing. The quality of the final product will depend on the base. There are special workshops that are engaged in the manufacture of custom-made photo wallpaper.
A wall with photo wallpaper is always the main accent in the room. The rest of the walls are a neutral background..
It is performed in neutral (often pastel) colors. The ideal composition is when the background wallpaper is matched to the color of one of the details in the photo..
If the photo canvas is placed above the bed, then the furniture must be matched to the tone of this wallpaper. Then the interior will look very harmonious and holistic..
It is important to select combined wallpapers in accordance with the general style of the apartment. It is quite difficult to do this, because manufacturers are somewhat lagging behind fashion trends. But there is a way out: if you know the features of design directions, in which the main thing is to get into the right color range.
- Classical. The classics always gravitate towards combinations of simple and complex elements. In the case of wallpaper, it can be monochromatic canvases of nude tones (beige, milky, light brown), appliqué on the central wall in the form of vertical stripes or large stucco moldings. But the accent surface should be three to four shades darker than the background walls..
An excellent option would be a horizontal combination – in combination with moldings or finishing frames around the perimeter. Geometric prints in rich colors can alternate with light inserts.
- High tech. This style has to some extent incorporated the features of minimalism. There is no bright palette and fanciful patterns, warm colors are also not welcome. When it comes to decorating a bedroom, some designers make splashes of delicate elements, combining them with cold shades..
Usually hi-tech is based on white, gray, dark blue and black colors. The background color for the bedroom will be white, and the dominant color will be black. Occasionally, wallpaper can be complemented by discreet drawings. For this option, monochrome canvases are better suited..
- Provence and country. This style is dominated by delicate pink, blue or brown tones. A distinctive feature is a small floral pattern or stripe.
The emphasis is on the bedside area, it is there that the patterned canvas is placed. There is an option with different types of stripes – wide ones are combined with narrow ones. But at the same time, the color of the wallpaper must be the same.
It is in the Provence and Country styles that the patchwork combination is used..
Often there are also interiors styled like stone or wood. In this case, non-woven wallpaper or textile coverings are bought..
- Oriental. Combined oriental-style wallpapers are rarely used, but such a design idea looks just gorgeous. The most expensive materials from natural fibers are combined here (in a bright palette). Red, yellow, orange and burgundy shades prevail.
This style differs from others in that there are practically no pastel colors in the composition. The main and background wallpapers are made in dark colors. The central canvas can be the same color as the others, but with ornate patterns.
Photowall-paper is practically not used in oriental style. Textile fabrics are usually welcome here..
Spectacular examples in the interior
The bedroom, more than other rooms, requires coziness and comfort combined with aesthetics. Wallpaper should create an atmosphere of calm and relaxation. Various combinations in pastel colors contribute to the occurrence of such a condition..
For example, a light gray wallpaper serving as a background and an accent wall with a large floral pattern look very elegant and stylish..
In a small room at the head of the bed, you can make a small niche, which will stand out with a patterned canvas and plinth trim around the edges..
Accent walls in bright colors add dynamics to the interior. Three to four colors can be combined here – for example, dark lilac, pale pink and gray.
The wallpaper stands out not only for the wall, but also for the ceiling. For this, a single niche is drawn up, which smoothly passes from the ceiling space into two-color walls..
See the following video for options for combined wallpaper in the bedroom..