House projects up to 120 m2 can be quite a remarkable solution for any site. Such structures can be erected from a gas block, brick or other materials, made frame, etc. In any case, the layout of country cottages deserves attention.
Options for projects of one-story houses
Buildings with an area of up to 120 m2 is a very flexible concept, and it must be clearly specified.. In general, the size limitation has not only disadvantages, but also advantages. The most important of these is significant financial savings.
Buildings with a size of 110 square meters and less significantly simplify building and usually allow you to abandon the use of complex lifting machines. Moreover, the reduction of the building spot has a positive effect on the subsequent costs of the operation of residential buildings..
A good example can be a building from a gas block with a total area of 112 sq. m. It provides an excellent terrace with an area of just over 56 sq. m. Inside the house there are a pair of bedrooms – 15.8 and 27 m2, respectively. Another bedroom has a size of 15.8 m2. The living room and the kitchen are not separated, but simply assigned to different sides of a single room; an 8-meter bathroom is additionally provided.
You can also consider a slightly larger option – 117 sq. m. – area. The porch is almost 7 sq. m. is enough not to push over it. The size of the hallway is almost 5 m2. A good boiler zone is also provided, thanks to which comfort in the house is ensured. There is also:
- 3 bedrooms;
- guest area;
- hatchway leading to the attic.
Ideas for the layout of two-story houses
In this case, there is much more space for the embodiment of your ideas. For example, in one of the options, the porch area reaches 3.7 “squares”. From there, those who enter enter the vestibule of almost 9 square meters. m. And from the vestibule you can go to the office, to the bathroom and to the kitchen-guest area. There is also a boiler room on the first tier of this building..
The second floor contains:
- two guest bedrooms;
- separate master bedroom;
- the second light.
An alternative option is to equip a 22-meter terrace. Entering the house from there, people find themselves in the hallway, which is also the living area. The kitchen can be accessed both from there and through a separate entrance. The size of the hall is 4.3 “squares”. There is also a bathroom with an area of over 5.4 m2.
The hall on the upper floor is larger – the presence of the staircase affects. There is also a second light. The main leisure area is slightly larger than 23 m2. The bathroom is slightly smaller than the one below, which is understandable – it has an auxiliary meaning. There is even a relatively good balcony.
But in addition to the specific layouts of country cottages, when selecting a project, you need to pay attention to the material from which they are built.
- Brick buildings are characterized by a very attractive design.. They are being built “for centuries” – and in many cases this common phrase is by no means an exaggeration. Dozens of years to serve for a brick in a masonry is not a problem at all. It does not burn, does not rot, it endures the effects of weather; however, problems are often the significant weight of the blocks and the forced seasonality of their use..
- Often, for arranging an area of up to 120 m2, a frame type of structure is chosen.. It eliminates or minimizes wet work. That is, construction in winter is quite possible, and it does not pose any special problems. The conventional wisdom that a brick is stronger than a “frame” is completely wrong, of course, if you follow the basic technological requirements. Only a building made of concrete or other comparable material can radically surpass a frame house in strength; and even the heat capacity of a brick, due to its higher thermal conductivity, is not such a convincing plus.
- Houses made of aerated concrete and foam blocks can also be compared with brick buildings.. Any block structures are erected faster and easier, because the structural materials themselves are larger. It will be much easier to make a high-quality seam..
The foam block can be combined with brick cladding, which radically improves the appearance of the building. Aerated concrete and gas silicate have no particular advantages over the other two block materials.
Good style is almost always provence. He will definitely look cute and charming. At the same time, the idea of harmony and visual simplicity is very carefully carried out. The surface is finished with light plaster. It is recommended to complement the windows with durable wooden shutters..
You can also take a closer look at classic style. Typical for him are rectangular or square houses. Arrangement of functional plinths is allowed. In addition to plaster, you can take facing bricks for finishing. The lower tier is predominantly trimmed with stone at ground level and slightly above.
Stone is actively used in style chalet. It is typical for him to use a stone first tier and a purely wooden second floor. Such a house fits very well in an area with hills and forest. The roof must have 2 slopes. It can be covered with either natural tiles or extra strong shingles..
Alternatively, you can consider:
- Russian style;
- Romanesque format;
- Scandinavian approach;
- half-timbered house;
- Japanese style.
How to determine the area?
The main consideration is very simple: you need to free up enough space on the site, but at the same time equip all the necessary infrastructure and premises inside the house. We must not forget about the arrangement of the vestibule, even if it is a modest area..
Once the overall size of the house has been determined, the required dimensions for each room must be assessed. It is also necessary to take into account the furniture that is to be installed in the room..
The minimum allowable area, judging by many years of experience:
- entrance hall – 5 m2;
- kitchen – from 10 to 16 m2;
- bathroom – from 5 m2;
- bedroom – from 10 sq. m.
It is recommended to combine the kitchen and dining areas. All passages and corridors must be made as spacious as possible so that they are comfortable.
If 4 or more people live in the house, the kitchen must be at least 12 m2. Depending on personal tastes and needs, you can equip a gym, mini-sauna, wardrobe, billiard room. For 4 people, 100 m2 is usually enough if you use this area wisely.
- allocate at least 20 m2 to attached garages;
- when combining a bedroom with a wardrobe, increase its size by 5-6 sq. m .;
- create children’s rooms of 18-20 “squares”;
- take into account the size of technical communications and furniture, sanitary requirements.