The fireplace stove is an excellent option for installation in the country, since it has significant advantages over a conventional firebox: ease of installation due to the absence of a convection box, the ability to equip a hob, the ability to change the orientation and location of the oven.
When choosing a fireplace stove for a summer residence, you need to remember that, unlike a home fireplace, where the heating function is usually secondary, here it is used primarily for heating the room. Therefore, when choosing a furnace, power should be the determining factor..
The whole variety of models of fireplace stoves for summer cottages can be divided into the following types:
- Potbelly stove. The easiest and cheapest oven option. It has a number of significant drawbacks – it heats up only when it is heated, cools down quickly, has an increased fire hazard, does not look aesthetically pleasing.
- Mini oven. It is used in small rooms, takes up a minimum amount of space, but at the same time it is quite effective. In the case of execution in the version with glass, it gives a feeling of comfort and living fire, despite its modest size.
- Oven with a hob. Such ovens allow you to cook food, boil water, which greatly simplifies the dacha life. They have one or more burners. For a summer residence, an oven with a stove is an excellent option, since it completely solves the problem of cooking and at the same time heats the room well.
- Heat exchanger stoves are a hybrid between a stove and a heating boiler. There is a heat exchanger inside the furnace, in which the heat carrier, usually water, is heated. The heat exchanger is located in the rear or side walls of the oven. Using a coolant in heating devices can significantly increase the efficiency and uniformity of heating the room and the duration of heat retention. In addition, only using a stove with a heat exchanger is it possible to heat insulated rooms that are not connected by the volume of air with the room where the firebox is located. Such a double-circuit furnace can also provide hot water in conditions of separation from civilization..
- Convection ovens. Most modern fireplace stoves are convectional. This means that there is space for air to pass through the structure, which effectively turns the stove into a heater that quickly and efficiently heats the air in the room. The small volume of air heated inside the oven is compensated by more heating and more intense air circulation.
- Long burning fireplace stove. This technology is offered in most models currently sold. The bottom line is that by adjusting the air supply, you can control the intensity of combustion. The structural features make it possible to stabilize the combustion and gassing process and maintain it at the same level for a long time. This allows you to fully use the device for heating, eliminating the need for the user to constantly throw up firewood. Setting up the stove allows you to both quickly heat it up and make the wood smolder for a long time.
There are also stoves that work not only on wood, but also on pellets, coal, and other types of fuel. Models that are fired with coal are the most economical, they can be loaded with coal once a day, which is very convenient for permanent residence.
According to the materials, the stoves for summer cottages can be divided into two types: brick and metal. Furnaces made of different materials have their own installation and operation features:
Brick stoves retain heat for a long time, but they weigh a lot and require an impressive foundation, take up a lot of space and take a very long time to warm up. Also, do not forget that in order to fold a high-quality brick oven, you will need a good expensive brick, including fireclay (refractory) brick for the furnace. Even an ordinary three-knee brick oven can only be folded qualitatively by a professional stove-maker, these services are not cheap.
The iron stove is compact, heats up the room quickly, takes up little space, but also cools down quickly. This is especially true for steel furnaces, cast iron ones have greater thermal inertia, but they weigh more and are much more expensive than steel ones. In addition, metal ovens with a glass door are much more beautiful than their brick counterparts..
In general, metal stoves are preferable for giving, and for additional heat preservation, you can install a fireplace-stove lined with talcomagnesite – a special stove stone. Such an oven heats up quickly and retains heat for a long time..
How to choose
The main criterion for choosing a fireplace stove for a summer residence should be functionality. First you need to calculate the required power to heat the room. To do this, it is necessary to take into account whether the stove will be heated constantly or periodically, whether it is supposed to be used in winter or only in the spring-summer-autumn period, calculate the volume of the heated room.
For long-term stays, it is recommended to use long-burning fireplaces, lined with talcomagnesite. In addition, you need to understand what additional functions of the stove you need – a hob, a heat exchanger and others, the price of the firebox depends very much on their availability..
Particular attention should be paid to the chimney, because without a properly made chimney, the stove will not be able to function normally, if the chimney has already been built in the house, it is necessary to correlate its characteristics with the requirements of the stove for draft, which are indicated in the instructions.
Ultimately, in the matter of choosing a fireplace stove, you are limited only by the manufacturer’s imagination and price..
Rating of the best models
The modern market for heating devices offers a huge selection of fireplace stoves for every taste and budget. The furnaces of European manufacturers are headed by the companies Jotul (Norway), Supra (France), Tim Sistem (Serbia) and others. The catalogs of these brands contain dozens of stylish high-quality fireplace stoves of various capacities and configurations, each of which will serve as an excellent addition to the interior of the house..
For example, the wood-burning fireplace Diana (Serbia), of the Tim Sistem company, with its small size and power of 7 kW, heats the room up to 70 sq. M, thanks to the convection type of work. Ceramic inserts on the side surfaces serve not only for decoration, but also allow you to keep the room warm for a long time, after the completion of the heating process. The low weight of the stove, due to the manufacture of thin but strong sheet steel, allows it to be installed not only on the first floors, but also above. In combination with a relatively budget price (from 15,000 rubles), this makes this model an excellent option for installation in a country house.
Domestic manufacturers of fireplace stoves also demonstrate a huge selection of models. One of the most famous Russian companies “EcoKamin” has developed a line of ovens “Bavaria”, which harmoniously combine price, quality and appearance.
The power of all Bavaria furnaces is 9 kW, which is enough for heating rooms with an area of 80 to 150 sq. M. All models are equipped with hobs, some more expensive ones are equipped with ovens. Also, all models have viewing windows that allow you to observe the play of the flame. Combustion chambers are designed in such a way that they are easy to clean.
The stoves-fireplaces of the Termofor company perfectly combine compactness and functionality, as well as a stylish “corporate” appearance. All models of this company are characterized by vertical loading of firewood, with a capacity of 6 to 10 kW. Each stove is equipped with a cast iron hob and deep ash drawer.
The Static Tetra Mini is one of the smallest ovens in existence. With a power of 6 kW and a weight of 45 kg, it heats a room up to 1000 cubic meters. and is an excellent solution for a small country house.
Meta Group presents several dozen models of steel and cast iron fireplace stoves, including those with a water circuit. Each of the main models – Angara, Baikal, Narva, Amur and others – have several configurations. For most models, a certain monumentality is characteristic – a weight of more than 120 kg, a power of more than 9 kW, impressive dimensions. Many ovens are equipped with hobs and convenient recesses for storing firewood..
In the final choice of a fireplace stove for a summer residence, cost plays an important role. At the same time, when choosing the optimal model, it is necessary to budget the cost of the furnace together with the installation, because for the sake of safety and prevention of fires, it is better to entrust this work to qualified specialists. As a rule, when buying a stove in the showroom, the store itself will offer you an installation service.
The price range for fireplace stoves is very large. Quite acceptable options can be found from 11,000-16,000 rubles. (Bella Thalia company, Serbia, Meta, Russia), and the upper limit can reach several hundred thousand (Supra ovens, France or Harvia, Finland).
How to arrange
When decorating a stove in the interior, as a rule, there are no difficulties, since a modern stove is already a design object in itself with a high aesthetic appeal. Basically, the design of the stove concerns the fireproof area around it and the correlation of the stove style and the style of the room..
Interesting interior solutions
The fireplace stove will always be the main element of the interior and the center of building the composition of the room..
For lovers of everything original and extravagant, a hanging fireplace stove, which is attached to the wall or to the ceiling, is perfect. The only drawback of this solution is the low heating capacity of this unit..
Cast iron stoves decorated with monograms and bas-reliefs are perfect for creating an ancient atmosphere. A laconic metal fireplace will accentuate the modern style of the room.
To save space, fireplace stoves are often built into the wall or use corner models. The hearth built into the stairs looks original.
However, with all the endless imagination of designers, do not forget that a fireplace stove is, first of all, a functional heating device and it should be installed taking into account all fire safety requirements.