A stove for a summer residence is a necessary attribute of a modern suburban recreation, used for heating rooms and cooking..
A stove with a brick fireplace has a number of important features that must be taken into account when planning the room in which it will be placed. First of all, you need to take care of a solid monolithic foundation for its installation. The stove has an impressive mass, so you should not neglect this rule and it is better to determine its location even at the design stage of the house..
An important feature of a stove with a fireplace is the presence of two fireboxes and chimneys that can be used independently of each other. An open fireplace insert heats up the room quickly, while the stove retains the stored heat. The design provides for long flue channels, which reduces fuel consumption.
In a wooden house, special attention should be paid to the location of the stove and masonry materials to ensure the lowest possible fire hazard in a private house..
Brick stoves for summer cottages are divided into types according to various parameters. Primarily by appointment.
- Heating. Such a stove is used exclusively for space heating, which makes its design the simplest.
- Heating and cooking room. This type of oven is the most bulky and multifunctional. Usually installed in homes where no other type of heating is expected.
- Stove with fireplace. This type of stove will decorate any room, but it does not heat up more than one room..
By construction type
- Russian is a classic stove that was used by our ancestors for hundreds of years. This option is good if the country house is operated all year round. It is with constant use that maximum efficiency is achieved, and when the operation is stopped for several months, it requires special care and, due to its characteristics, may crack from a temperature drop. This design is very cumbersome and may look inappropriate in a small country house..
- Dutch (Dutch) is the most common brick oven design. It does not take up much space and, thanks to the smoke duct, copes with heating several rooms. The Dutch woman consumes a little fuel, but is very picky about its quality, as well as the quality of the masonry material. In severe frost, the heating time of the furnace increases, which is a disadvantage of this type of construction.
- Swedish (Swedish) – the biggest advantage of this fireplace stove is its multifunctionality. The Swede is mounted in the wall between the kitchen and the room. A hob is placed on the side of the kitchen, and the back wall with a fireplace heats the room, which significantly reduces fuel consumption. The only drawback of the Swede is the need to purchase the best material for its construction and only melt it with well-dried fuel, otherwise the stove will not give off heat..
Furnaces are also distinguished by their shape. The picture below shows a variety of configurations:
- Heating stove rectangular
- Russian stove
- Improved Russian stove
- Oven – baby
In addition to the listed types of stoves in the country, you can place a long-burning stove or a barbecue.
The latter is well suited for outdoor cooking. Thanks to its design and charcoal-grilling, dishes from it acquire a very special taste..
The appearance of a brick fireplace stove depends not only on the functional design, but also on the interior preferences of the owner of the country house. Their design is not limited by anything, such stoves can be made in any style..
The configuration of the stove follows the style of the room in which it is installed. A fireplace in the English style is more typical for classic solutions, and the D-shaped one will emphasize the country style more. For the Art Nouveau style, rectangular and semicircular options are most suitable..
Finishing materials will emphasize the individuality of the interior.
The most economical finishing option is initially flat masonry. It looks beautiful even if left as it is..
Another low-cost option is to process the seams. You can also cover the fireplace with a special varnish that prevents pollution..
The third option is to plaster and paint the brickwork. The advantage of this decor is the ability to renew the paint, the disadvantage is the fragility of the plaster. With this option, it is better to trim the protruding elements with stone or tiles..
Facing the fireplace is not possible with ordinary tiles. For this, a special heat-resistant material is used. In addition to beauty, such tiles add heat capacity to the oven. In addition, porcelain stoneware is used for cladding, which is often combined with other materials..
One of the most expensive decor options is natural stone finishing. This finish fits easily into any interior..
Decorative bricks are widely used for decorating stoves and fireplaces. This material has a wide enough variety of shapes and sizes to make any interior original..
Wooden parts are often used for decoration, but since wood is a highly flammable material, it can only be finished in combination with other types of finishes..