When asking yourself the question of why you should be serious about choosing a sofa, you need to keep in mind that it is this kind of furniture that guests usually pay attention to in the first place. A sofa is an irreplaceable and rather versatile piece of furniture that can be found in any room of an apartment, be it a bedroom or a living room. When choosing furniture for an apartment, buyers began to pay attention to corner sofas with tables. And this is not surprising. Corner furniture is a practical solution for organizing space in an apartment..
This sofa has many advantages over other models. Here are the reasons to pay attention to this particular model:
- Corner sofas are great for small rooms. It is mistakenly believed that this model looks massive in a small room. As practice shows, corner sofas create a feeling of free space. A usual set of furniture from a sofa and two armchairs often takes up more space and loses to the corner “brother”.
- The capacity of this design is greater, than the classic straight line. This is a nice benefit for shoppers who like to gather in large groups..
- There is an opinion in psychology, that a half-turn landing will provide comfortable communication. Corner furniture gets one more point in its piggy bank of benefits..
- There are many different models nowadays., which helps the buyer to choose the right fittings.
- The corner sofa has many modifications and configurations., making it a very attractive option for buyers.
Now you can see the obvious advantages of this model over others. It remains only to choose the desired functions, the appearance of the sofa and the materials from which it is made.
What you need to remember?
When choosing furniture, you need to remember that its main goal is to create a recreation area. It will be helpful to check the sofa for the ability to transform into a double bed. These designs have a linen box. The presence of a table in the corner, in combination with the above, easily solves the problem of allocating zones in the room..
The ability to make an individual order gives the right to independently choose what the upholstery and padding will consist of. There are many options for modern corner tables that have advantages in both small and large rooms. The furniture is made in different styles. Worthy of attention is a sofa with a table in the armrest.
This configuration is universal for everyday solutions. May include pillows for maximum comfort and coziness.
- Eurosofa is perhaps the most reliable type of transformation. It is based on a wooden frame, as well as a place for bedding. The seat folds forward and forms a flat berth.
- “Accordion” got its name from the mechanism unfolding in the form of this tool. The sofa converts into a bed. This is a pretty reliable option..
- “Clamshell” is an unreliable design. It is not suitable for daily use..
Size and shape
The correct solution is to measure the area of the planned space before making a purchase. This knowledge will help you choose the right sofa that approximates your reference. It is worth remembering that the sofa should not be an obstacle when moving in the aisle. Calculate the size and dimensions of the room to avoid situations where the sofa looks huge in a small room (or too small and fragile in a large and spacious room).
Corner furniture can be placed not only in the corner. Due to its shape, it easily fits into the interior and can zone the space of the room..
Don’t forget about your height. Don’t choose too short or too long furniture. As practice shows, surplus harms sensations in the same way as lack..
It is necessary to decide in which corner the sofa will look the most advantageous. Do not forget about basic things – a model for the left or right corner. Both types of sofa have differences in design..
There is this type of model where there are elements separated from the sofa – in the form of ottomans. The advantage of this sofa is the ability to place its parts as it is convenient for the owner. For ease of movement, their legs are movable – thanks to rollers, castors. These options are very popular with consumers..
What material to choose?
When choosing how to upholster a sofa, you need to take into account several factors. You should choose the material, focusing on how quickly it will wear out, how carefully you will handle the furniture. A good option would be a model with a removable cover..
Upholstery can be made of nap, natural leather, or artificial analogs. The choice of material is made for practical reasons. Fluffy upholstery is not very wear-resistant – especially when compared to leather. However, leather sofas require special care, and in the summer they may not be very practical and overheat..
If the choice fell on artificial leather, then you need to take a closer look at eco-leather. In structure, it is similar to natural, but has a more affordable price..
Furniture companies today offer a variety of upholstery materials for a single sofa. This allows you to quickly and easily select the material that can be called ideal..
Speaking about filling, it is worth noting that both classic materials and artificial ones will be a good choice. Usually the buyer chooses one of the following materials: down, felt, feather, synthetic winterizer, polyurethane, foam rubber. To increase the strength and durability of the sofa, some manufacturers install spring assemblies. This increases the rigidity of the seat, but can also affect the upholstery. Choosing springs or not is a matter of taste.
In rooms with different purposes
Kitchen furniture will be small in order to save space in the kitchen area. A tough, water-repellent model should be the benchmark for your quest. Folding fittings will look good in the kitchen. Drawers can be placed under the seats. A corner sofa with a table would be appropriate.
In the living room, the sofa should often be able to transform into a double bed. The upholstery of such furniture is mainly made of soft materials. The berths are spacious and comfortable. This design is ideal for everyday use..
Small sofas are taken for the children’s room. The upholstery is patterned and resistant to dirt. Such a sofa will not take up much space in the nursery. It is worth buying a sofa with orthopedic padding to promote the development of the child’s spine..
Office furniture should be designed in a simple style. Upholstery – leather or leatherette. Leather furniture needs special care, so sometimes it is permissible to use tufted upholstery in strict shades..
There are many different colors and combinations. Sometimes, with such a large selection, it is difficult to choose one thing. It is a good idea to consult a designer and choose a sofa that matches the style of the living room. It should be seen as part of a large-scale design idea. The sofa should not be knocked out of the context of the given style.
The buyer often chooses beige or gray upholstery for the sofa. Even such a strict corner sofa can be decorated with bright colorful accessories. If you want to buy a sofa with a colorful pattern on the upholstery, then you need to remember that this element will be the center of attention in the living room. You should not take a few bright objects – the living room will become ridiculous..
Types of corner sofa:
- Corner option that converts into a bed. This type of construction is assembled into a bed for two people. Often, these sofas are based on the design of a “French cot” or “dolphin”
- Ottoman furniture has a comfortable design – with a seat without armrest and backrest at the edges.
- Folding seat designs. As said, the seat can be reclined, but it is also possible to extend the footrest. Convenient and luxurious option.
- Corner sofa with a bar installed in it. It is often installed in an armrest or corner piece. It is possible to shove it into the back of the seat, it all depends on the owner of the furniture..
- Corner furniture with coffee table installation. It is usually installed in the corner of the sofa (without upholstery).
It turns out that the corner sofa is almost the main element in the interior of the room. It is he who creates a cozy and conversational atmosphere. Considering various important details, you can choose the perfect option for your room and create a unique interior..
Corner sofa with a table – in the next video.