No apartment or private house is complete without a table. This piece of furniture is multifunctional, and it is placed not only in the kitchen, but also in the bedroom, living room or children’s room. Today there are a great many tables of various shapes, but elegant round models deserve special attention..
Variety of designs
Nowadays, the choice of round tables is greater than ever. You can choose the right option for every taste and budget. Recently, multitasking products with various mechanisms and functional designs have been very popular..
Such models have a number of features for which modern consumers are so fond of them.. It is worth getting to know them better:
- For rooms of a modest area, ideal functional folding table. This model does not require a lot of free space. When folded, this furniture seems very compact and neat, but if you unfold it, then you will see a spacious and comfortable tabletop, behind which at least 5 people can comfortably sit.
- A good alternative to folding are considered sliding models. Such furniture can have different designs, but most often there are products in which one half of the tabletop is folding.
- Mobile and comfortable to use are tables on wheels. Such models are more often located in the living room, and this can be not only an ordinary apartment, but also a studio. Many consumers choose options on wheels, since they can be moved to another place at any time without extra effort and without damaging the floor covering.
- Collapsible is popular table-book. Often, such models are purchased for small rooms, since they have a non-bulky appearance and medium-sized dimensions. When assembled, the dimensions of such tables rarely exceed a small chest of drawers or a curbstone. Today, in furniture showrooms, you can find mini-tables, books, which are complemented by wheels.
- The trend of recent years is fashionable rotating table. Such furniture will not only update the interior design, but will certainly attract the attention of your guests. Most often, the spinning options are made from artificial or natural wood. Using this modern and original furniture, you do not need to prepare several servings of salad or snacks for friends and relatives at once, because all food can be simply placed on a moving podium, from which everyone can get what they want..
- Very popular with modern buyers are swivel round tables. In these designs, the table top is rotated at a right angle and the top is lifted. After these manipulations, you can safely lower the underframe of the furniture..
- Synchronously sliding are round tables with a mechanism called “butterfly”. To unfold such furniture, it is necessary to pull on one edge of the countertop, after which it will disperse in the center and corrode. To do this, you just have to get an additional element from under the table base and install it in the appeared free space..
- They are very easy to use. height adjustable tables. Such designs can have not only dining, but also computer models. It is very convenient to work behind them, since you yourself can make them high or low at your discretion..
Many adjustable models provide the ability to change the angle of the table top. As a rule, such structures are made on a durable metal frame that will not fail even after many years of use..
Also, round tables can have different supports. The most common are products with four legs. These models have good stability. If you are looking for a more original and sophisticated option, then you should take a closer look at small round tables on one solid leg..
The diameter of the round table directly depends on the number of seats:
- 3-4 places – 90-100 cm, 120 cm.
- 5-6 seats – 120-140 cm.
- 7-8 seats – 140-180 cm.
The smallest are tables with a diameter of 60-80 cm (for 2 persons).
Modern round tables are made from a variety of materials. Let’s take a closer look at the distinctive characteristics of each model..
Wood structures are environmentally friendly and durable. This solid and attractive material is able to bring notes of warmth and comfort to any interior. The leading positions in the modern furniture market belong to models made of oak, rattan, pine, birch, hevea, alder and walnut. Recently, unique products have been very popular. from slab. In such designs, the tabletop is a solid piece of wood with a natural shade and pattern. This furniture belongs to the category “eco”.
It is also worth highlighting the original round wicker tables. rattan. Such options look organically in the conditions of country and private houses. They can be placed not only in the dining area, but also on the veranda or near the pool, complete with rattan chairs. But such products must be regularly looked after..
In order for the wooden table to serve for a long time and not lose its presentation, it should be treated with special impregnations that will protect the natural material from drying out and cracking.
Chipboard, MDF, plywood
More affordable are laconic tables made of materials such as chipboard, MDF or plywood. Such raw materials are quite durable and often imitate natural wood, but they are much cheaper and simpler. Plywood specimens can even be made by hand.
It is worth noting the fact that inexpensive chipboard is a toxic material, since it contains formaldehyde adhesives.
Such substances are dangerous to human health, therefore, experts recommend paying a little extra and buying safer products from laminated chipboard of class “E-1” or veneered options.
Thanks to solid structures and reliable fasteners, metal tables are the strongest and most durable. Such models do not require special maintenance and look very attractive, especially when they are complemented by correctly selected metal chairs. Cast iron tables with wooden countertops look original. Most often, such models are located in outdoor and indoor cafes. They are usually heavy..
If you want to find a fashionable option for a modern interior, then you should familiarize yourself with chrome tables, and in more refined and elegant ensembles, a graceful forged table.
The choice of the best option largely depends on the style of the room..
Stone tables look expensive and elegant in many interiors. The material can be both artificial and natural. With the help of such furniture, you can give the interior a special luxury and pay attention to the excellent taste of the owners of the home. However, most often, such models are not cheap, especially for chic marble options..
Such tables can be arranged in pretentious and pompous ensembles, as they have unique elegance and rich design..
Plastic round tables are the most affordable. Products made from this inexpensive material will last a long time without causing any hassle. Plastic is not susceptible to decay or cracking.
But don’t place the plastic colored tables in direct sunlight. In such conditions, the material may lose color saturation..
Glass round tables are distinguished by their sophisticated and attractive appearance. Such models look especially harmonious in modern interiors. You need to treat glass options as carefully and carefully as possible so as not to damage the fragile material.
Also, such countertops need to be wiped more often, since they are easily soiled, and fingerprints easily remain on them, spoiling the appearance of the furniture..
In the modern furniture market, there are not only stone, metal, wood or glass, but also spectacular ceramic and models decorated with colored tiles. Today, consumers can choose the right option for any style of interior, whether it is an exquisite classic or a shocking avant-garde..
Form benefits and care
Round, semicircular or oval tables are elegant and neat in design. With the help of such furniture, you can soften and add sophistication to even the most simple or rude interiors. In addition, it is worth noting the non-bulky appearance of such furniture. This is especially true for attractive folding or sliding models..
However, not every round table can be conveniently positioned against the wall because of its non-angular shape. For these purposes, it is better to purchase an original corner table, which will be as comfortable to use as possible..
Depending on the material, round tables require different care, but almost any model can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. It is better to do this more often, since traces of dishes often remain on the countertops (especially in the kitchen)..
If you want to update the design of an old table, then only restoration will help you with this. For this, coverings are often polished or upholstered with upholstery..
Modern design solutions
Round tables look organic in many stylish interiors. Several modern design solutions:
- Well-polished and neat as well as rough models of tables fit perfectly into the “attic” interiors in the “loft” style, since this direction is a mixture of details inherent in different styles.
- A beautiful Scandinavian-style interior can be complemented by a round table in a cool or snow-white shade. So that the ensemble with such furniture does not seem too “cold”, it should be diluted with wooden brown chairs and decorated in warm colors (chocolate, pale green, cream).
- The classic style provides for the presence of natural and high quality furniture in the interior. In such an ensemble, a wooden table with carved details and curved legs will look good. In addition to the classics, an antique table covered with varnish is suitable for such an interior..
- The airy Provence style can be complemented by a beautiful light or pastel table made of natural wood. On the countertops of Provencal products, floral decoupage can flaunt.
- In the vintage style, an antique (antique) or artificially aged table will look most harmonious. It can have exquisite forged elements or finely shaped wooden details..
- For an interior in the Art Nouveau direction, you should look at an elegant round table with supports of perfectly regular shapes and lines. They can intersect with each other to form geometric compositions..
- The charming light brown version will look organic in a delicate interior, made in neutral, light and calm colors. Complementing it with matching upholstered chairs will make the set look particularly inviting and cozy..
- A luxurious table in a fashionable wenge color is best placed in rooms with light-colored walls. Against such a background, such furniture will effectively stand out and attract attention. Tiles or laminates in dark chocolate, dark gray or light colors can be placed on the floor. In such color conditions, a round wenge table will look the most harmonious..
- The sensual red table is recommended to be placed against a contrasting background in the room. For example, it can be white, beige or even dark walls. In no case should such furniture be left unsupported by decorative elements or other items of a red hue. For example, you can use glass or plastic vases on the shelves or natural flowers of a similar color..
- You can transform the interior and breathe life into it with the help of an original table with photo printing. However, such models are recommended to be placed only in those rooms that are decorated in calm and discreet colors, otherwise the overall image of the interior will become too variegated..
How to choose the right one: recommendations
When choosing an elegant round table, you should consider the following nuances:
- Such furniture can be purchased both in the kitchen and in the living room, hallway or bedroom. For the latter options, it is recommended to buy models of compact or medium (transformers are suitable) sizes, since they will not interfere with the passage in the rooms, but they will unobtrusively complement the existing interior. For a corridor, especially if it is narrow, a mini size model is ideal.
- A neat side table will look great in the living room. As a rule, such furniture is placed in front of an upholstered corner or to the side of the armrests. You can place two tables with round tabletops on both sides of the sofa and put lighting fixtures, vases with flowers or decorative trifles on them.
- A solid and large table for several persons is suitable for negotiations. It can be round or oval.
- The furniture must be of good quality. Such characteristics can be found in the products of well-known furniture brands from Malaysia, Germany, the USA and Italy. Such models are expensive, but they serve for a long time and look great..
You can make a round table with your own hands. See the manufacturing process in the following video..