A wall hanger is used to temporarily store clothes. It should also be an interior decoration. Many corridors and small hallways are too small to accommodate a full wardrobe. A simple and irreplaceable wall hanger will help you replace them.
Wall hanger in the hallway from wood is a very practical element of the interior, solves many problems and has a number of advantages:
- rational temporary storage of outerwear – here it can dry and ventilate;
- a hanger on the wall takes up a minimum amount of space compared to a rack hanger, does not clutter up the room;
- the presence of additional elements, for example, bedside tables and shoe racks, makes it more functional;
- a variety of models makes it possible to fit them into rooms of different styles;
- hooks are located from one to several levels, on the lower hooks you can hang children’s clothes, or bags and umbrellas;
- relatively low cost;
- can withstand heavy men’s coats;
- does not require special care.
The only drawback is that the wall hanger is not mobile. It cannot be rearranged to another corner. If it is nevertheless necessary to move the hanger, this can only be done during the repair process..
The material used in the manufacture of furniture often determines its convenience and aesthetics. The most common products are made from wood. Such furniture attracts with environmental friendliness, is distinguished by the warmth and energy of natural wood. The product is pleasant to the touch, has a special texture and excellent aesthetic qualities..
The design of wood products is varied – from classic to modern minimalism. The most common hangers are from breeds such as beech, birch, pine, alder, ash. Sometimes plastic, rubber or metal is used for decorative elements, they are added to a wooden base. Combined hangers are the most demanded.
The most common combination is a wooden base with metal hooks. Budget options are characterized by the presence of plastic elements in addition to wood. You can extend the life of natural wood using processing with special compounds, dyeing, varnishing or aging can also perform this task. Lacquer, carving, complex shape of parts are used as decor for elite varieties of wood..
Natural wood furniture is elegant, it fits into the hallway with parquet or laminate flooring. Such a hanger will harmonize well with other wooden furniture..
A huge variety of hanging hangers makes it possible to choose the right option for each specific case. These are different lengths (from 30 cm to 2 meters) and the most diverse shape. Traditionally, a hanger design has a bar to which hooks are attached. The planks can be hung vertically or horizontally. Products differ in type, material, configuration. There are multi-tiered hangers, as well as with a linear arrangement of hooks.
Vertical structures visually increase the height of the ceiling. Straight, curved, rounded models differ in shape. A similar structure is made from strips of small width, as well as from a solid shield. The functional component is improved by the presence of a shelf on top for hats and scarves.
A horizontal wall hanger can be placed in a secluded corner of a small hallway. The option visually expands the wall space. The base is a rectangular board with hooks, but there are also more interesting shapes..
With a bedside table
A hanger with a curbstone is ideal for a small hallway where it is impossible to place a wardrobe. Structurally, this is a panel with hooks, which at the bottom rests on a bedside table, which can be used for placing the necessary little things, as well as shoe care products, handbags and umbrellas.
This model is perfect for a small hallway. On top of the nightstand, an additional shelf surface is formed, for example, for keys and a telephone. Inside it has shelves with doors. There are options for a hanging bedside table that is attached to the wall, another option may have legs. Models without legs float in the air, so the space feels more airy and less cluttered.
With shoe rack
With the help of a wall hanger with a shoe rack, you can maintain order in the hallway and save space, since additional shoe shelves will no longer be needed here. Shoe niches can be open or closed, a fairly large number of pairs of shoes are perfectly placed there. For a quick search for the desired model, the shoe rack is equipped with a swivel mechanism. For more convenience, a soft bench is included.
The mirror is an essential item in the hallway. Models of wall hangers with a mirror and a shelf are very functional and also help to increase the space. It is possible to store various accessories on the shelf, and you can look in the mirror before going outside.
Various models of hangers can support any style:
- For classic design hallway hanger made of wood has a laconic decor. For the classics, a technique is characteristic when the bar is upholstered with leather or leatherette. An array of expensive wood species is used as a material for classic models. The hanger can look like a large panel or multiple vertical bars. In this case, the main decorative element is the natural beauty of the tree itself, which must be emphasized with varnish. Hooks in bronze or gold-plated will add a presentable look to the hanger.
- Interesting images that use in the style of country and ethno, eco-style is becoming more and more popular. Common products here are hangers in the form of tree branches and trunks with knots, as well as antlers. Horns carved from wood can be a traditional decorative element..
- For the style of Provence decorators use decoupage technique. In this way, you can decorate a wooden hanger bar, as prints on which you can use floral motifs or pictures from rural life..
- Modern styles are famous for experimentation. A huge variety of shapes are presented here. Designer hangers are designed to emphasize the originality of the hallway interior. All kinds of silhouettes, unusual shapes and complex designs – the more unique the furniture, the more comfortable the interior of the room will be.
- Scandinavian direction and minimalism use almost any model. The main requirement is accuracy and small size, as well as the complete absence of decorative elements.
Original design solutions can change the impression of an unsightly and small hallway.
An extremely simple and very original idea – with folding hooks. This designer wall hanger is made of wooden planks and looks like a panel with vertical stripes. The hooks are made in the same plane with the body. In order to hang the coat, the desired hook is folded back, then when it is not needed it is again compared with the surface of the case.
Wall hangers look very unusual in the form of images taken from nature: snowflakes, bird beaks, predators’ claws.
It is not difficult to make a unique piece of furniture on your own, because unusual forms of hangers are always in demand. Interestingly shaped tree branches covered with varnish look organically in the interior.
What designers do not use and advise for the design of hangers in the hallway. In addition to the branches and boughs of trees, which are popular in modern interiors, you can use various models of intricate shapes: paint brush, hat, pencil, wooden fence, clothespins, even forks and spoons.
You can always make a designer thing with your own hands, using the advice of experts, or come up with your own idea.
For information on how to make decoupage of a wooden wall hanger, see the next video..