Choosing bathroom fixtures for your kitchen is not an easy task. If earlier the assortment was very meager and of the same type, today a huge selection of accessories for the kitchen is offered to the attention of consumers. In addition to chrome-plated stainless steel products that were popular in the 80s and 90s, more original and practical accessories began to enjoy high popularity. Modern technologies make it possible to manufacture kitchen faucets that combine practicality, functionality, strength, hygiene and attractive design..
When choosing a tap in the kitchen sink, one should take into account the fact that the product will be used quite often, so it is important to pay attention to its practicality and reliability. Recently, buyers have begun to show high interest in faucets made of artificial stone, granite and ceramics, which are distinguished by a long service life, a matte finish, a rich palette of colors and a stylish design..
What are ceramic kitchen faucets? What are they made of? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
Features and Benefits
Fragility and ceramics have long ceased to go hand in hand. Well-known brands that manufacture ceramic kitchen accessories use the latest technologies that meet high criteria for quality, durability and reliability. When choosing faucets for kitchen sinks, do not save money so that later you do not have to buy a new faucet. It is better to immediately choose a worthy version of a well-known brand. Ceramic taps produced by brands such as Blanco, Zorg and Schock are very popular in the world market..
Why are ceramic mixers so good? First of all, you should understand for yourself the moment that such taps are made of metal alloys, not ceramics. The stronger and better the alloy, the more practical and durable the mixer will be. Ceramic can be used to cover the spout or to make various elements / parts.
Kitchen sanitary ware companies strive to combine quality and design. Colored ceramic products look beautiful and impressive in the interiors of premises, emphasizing the elegance and sophistication of style.
The advantages of ceramics:
- excellent thermal stability (even withstand high temperatures);
- moisture resistant (moisture absorption coefficient does not exceed 0.01-0.2%);
- do not deform, do not rot, resistant to corrosion.
Why mixers are called ceramic
In reality, ceramic kitchen sink faucets are not made entirely of ceramic. This name was attached to this type of plumbing for the reason that the faucet contains ceramics. It can be both the top layer of the coating, and some internal elements that are responsible for the correct operation of the crane, guarantee the strength and durability of the products..
These faucets became popular after ceramic kitchen sinks came into vogue. The harmonious combination of the same style and the same material makes the kitchen more stylish and aesthetically pleasing. The base of the crane is made of durable metal alloys, which are not afraid of corrosion, as well as various mechanical and chemical influences. Further, special spraying technologies are applied, the top layer of the mixer coating with its appearance resembles an artificial stone (ceramics, granite, etc.).
Cartridge and axle box
The durability and reliability of the entire mixer is guaranteed by every single element. Therefore, companies engaged in the production of sanitary ware for bathrooms and kitchens prefer to use more durable and wear-resistant materials, among which ceramics occupies a worthy place..
All kitchen faucets can be divided into two categories:
- With ceramic elements (cartridges, heads, gaskets, ball mechanisms, etc.). They are distinguished by their strength and durability, as they are resistant to deformation and limescale, it is impossible to disassemble them.
- With ceramic spout. The stylish matt stone finish of the faucets perfectly complements the sleek modern kitchens. Ceramic coating is shock-resistant, as it is made of artificial stone.
Are you busy with the arrangement of the kitchen? Have you decided to replace the plumbing and don’t know how to choose the right mixer for your kitchen sink? The range of faucets for kitchen sinks is so large that you can easily get confused in such a variety..
Classifications of faucets for kitchen sets:
Depending on the type:
- two-valve – the presence of two separate regulators / handles for cold and hot water, which work independently of each other;
- single-lever – one regulator is provided with which you can change the pressure and temperature of the water; designed for comfort and convenience during operation;
- contactless – they react to the movement and warmth of the hands, however, not every buyer can afford such a crane due to the high cost.
Depending on the shape of the spout:
- high – suitable for large sinks, easy to use; the disadvantages include splashing water with a strong pressure;
- low – rarely found in the kitchen, since such taps are inconvenient for washing dishes and are more suitable for washbasins in bathrooms;
- retractable – a great option for sinks with two or three bowls; unfortunately, they have low wear resistance;
- combined – two separate nozzles for tap and drinking water.
Ceramic kitchen taps are not too whimsical to clean. It is enough to keep it clean at all times to keep the product in excellent condition. However, there are a number of rules that must be followed in order to avoid damage to the faucets:
- exclude the use of products with a high content of phosphoric and formic acids;
- the use of abrasive substances and materials is strictly prohibited.
In plumbing stores, sales consultants persistently offer faucets made of ceramics, granite and artificial stone. Beige, white – colors for every taste. What should a buyer do? Give in to the seller’s persuasion and take the risk? Or not to change the time-tested chrome-plated steel taps?
Most of the reviews about ceramic faucets are positive. The reliability, practicality, excellent durability and aesthetic appeal of this type of sanitary equipment are noted. Ergonomics and safety of the materials used ensure the most comfortable operation. Of the shortcomings, users noted the “fragility” of some ceramic faucets, because of this, water does not flow, but drips. To avoid this problem, you should take a closer look at high-quality goods of well-known brands..
Ceramic sanitary ware is a fashionable trend in recent years. This group of products has proven itself exclusively from the positive side. Now taps in kitchen sinks can be not only practical and functional, but also stylish and beautiful..