Full use of the kitchen is impossible without a sink. This is a plumbing device, consisting of two elements: a bowl and a siphon, which is directly connected to the sewer system. Correctly performed installation of the structure allows you to reliably protect the apartment from unpleasant odors from the pipe, harmful bacteria and microbes that are in large quantities in the wastewater.
A siphon is a pipe with a bend in which water and other small particles are retained, discharged into the sewer.
Varieties of models
There are several design options:
Bulb-shaped models are a prefabricated structure that can be quickly attached without the use of special tools.
The knee structure is one of the simplest among all the model options, which allows you to clean the blockage or change any elements in a matter of minutes. The tube can be bent into a U or S shape so that the space can be used with maximum efficiency.
The corrugated version has a design similar to the pipe counterpart. The difference is in the use of a corrugated hose, which gives it the ability to bend in any direction. But there is also one significant drawback, the corrugated tube quickly clogs up, as a result of which you have to disassemble and clean more often. Even a person can connect and remove such a siphon without the use of special tools and plumbing knowledge..
The flat version is recommended for use in rooms with an acute shortage of free space.
The model is a hidden siphon, for wall or kitchen installation. It will not be seen from the outside, which allows you not to spoil the overall picture with your appearance. It is advisable to use this option in small kitchens..
Mounting the flask model
To make the correct connection, a diagram is attached to each kit, the main thing is to follow some rules
- For a tight connection of the bottom cover and the upper part of the body, a rubber gasket is installed
- The lid is tightly screwed on from the bottom
- A union nut is mounted on the branch pipe securing the siphon to the sink
- To adjust the position of the product in height, a conical washer is installed on the lower part of the branch pipe
- The branch pipe is connected to the cone and secured with a nut
- The outlet pipe is connected to the drain: the nut is pushed onto the branch pipe, after which the cone gasket moves to the stop.
- Final Assembly Step Connecting the Hose Connector to the Body with a Nut
The next step is to connect to the sink, which is also quite simple.
- Make sure that the dimensions of the siphon fit the sewer pipe. To create a sealed connection, a rubber gasket is required.
- A protective mesh is installed on the drain hole in the sink
- A siphon is attached to the sink with a screw with the obligatory installation of a rubber seal
- The last step is to install the drain hose
After completion of the work, tests must be carried out to ensure that the structure is working and that there are no leaks. To do this, it is enough to turn on the water and make sure that all elements are tightly connected. Leakage is eliminated by tightening the elements of the installed structure. Sometimes water runs through in connection with the sink, in order to correct the seal, which is installed with a deviation.
Installation of a structure with an overflow
In addition to the installation steps for the conventional model, there are some additional steps to be taken. The branch pipe is connected to the bottom of the overflow pipe. This should be done only when the sink is connected to the siphon. The top of the tube is then attached to the sink overflow. The work is simple and not time consuming, but in the case of correct installation, the sink, filled with water, will fall into the sewer through the drain.
So that after the completion of the work there are no unnecessary problems, it is necessary to make the right choice, observing the simple rules of how to assemble a siphon for a sink in the kitchen
- Smooth-walled models are the easiest to clean.
- To exclude the ingress of an unpleasant odor during installation, it is better to plug the sewer pipe with a rag or put a plug.
- Before installing the rubber seal and screwing the siphon to the sink, you must degrease the area around the drain.
- For reliable protection against leaks, rubber seals are additionally sealed. The rest of the joints are subjected to the same procedure. Only the bottom cover of the siphon does not require this, because it will have to be unscrewed for cleaning.
- To prevent leaks in the lower part of the lid, tow can be used as a seal.
- Ideal if the siphon hole will exactly match the diameter of the sewer pipe hole.
- It is not necessary to purchase a siphon at the same time as the sink. This can be done as needed, the main thing is their combination in size and design.
It is not enough just to buy a siphon for your kitchen sink. It is important to install it correctly and for this you need to carefully study the instructions and clearly follow its recommendations. Often, inexpensive siphons are quicker and easier to install than expensive, more complex counterparts..