It is difficult to imagine a kitchen without such equipment as a refrigerator. It is the most exploited technical installation in the house, therefore it is necessary to choose such equipment especially carefully..
Not so long ago, linear motors were replaced by inverter motors. In the article we will consider the features of the inverter technology of refrigerators.
Principle of operation
Inverter technology means smooth operation. Such a drive differs from a non-inverter drive in that there are no sudden switching on and off during compressor operation. It turns on at full power once, cools the refrigerator chamber to the desired temperature, and then simply maintains the set temperature by reducing the engine speed. This is the main difference from a conventional linear compressor..
Linear compressors have been used for a very long time and differ from inverter compressors. The linear compressor, having cooled the chamber to the required mark, turns off. When the temperature rises, it turns on again. Constant on and off is the fundamental principle of operation of refrigerators with a linear compressor.
The fundamental difference in the operation of the two types of compressors endowed the inverter with a number of advantages..
- Enormous energy savings, because there are no sudden jumps – turning the engine on and off. Energy savings are 10-20% compared to refrigerators equipped with linear compressors.
- High wear resistance of device parts, since smooth operation does not overload the engine.
- Many people know the sound of the refrigerator turning on, which often causes discomfort. Inverter refrigerators do not have such a moment, therefore a low noise level is an additional important advantage of such refrigerators..
- Maintaining a constant temperature in the chamber, regardless of the number of openings and closings of the refrigerator door, allows you to keep food fresh for longer.
Despite the colossal number of advantages, inverter refrigerators still have disadvantages.
- High price compared to linear motor refrigerators. Although, with high efficiency in terms of energy consumption, inverter models ultimately justify the difference in cost..
- Voltage swings, which are not so rare in some homes, are a real scourge for inverter compressors. For some models of this type of equipment, you even have to buy special equipment to protect it from power surges. Some models are already produced with special protection..
How to choose?
Pay attention to the dimensions of the refrigerator and its internal volume. If your family consists of two to four people, then an average of 250 liters should be enough.
The number of chambers in the refrigerator can vary from one to six. We are used to seeing refrigerators with two chambers – a freezer and a refrigerator. In a three-chamber installation, an additional freshness zone or a quick freezing zone can be provided..
The location of the freezer compartment depends on your convenience. Defrosting of chambers can be manual, drip (for the refrigerating chamber) and the No frost system. The No frost system will allow you to forget about such a problem as defrosting, as it prevents the formation of frost on the walls by blowing air.
The optimal noise level ranges from 21-56 dB.
Refrigerators of class A and B are considered the most economical. There are also models with energy saving class A +, A ++, A +++. With each increase in the pluses, the energy saving class rises by 10%.
Depending on the climatic conditions in which the equipment will operate, the classes are distinguished: normal N (from + 16 to +32 C), subnormal SN (from +10 to + 32C), subtropical ST (from +18 to + 38C), tropical T (from + 18 to + 43C).
Additional functions solve various problems. Fan cooling ensures an even temperature in all compartments. The “Vacation” mode will allow you to bring the refrigerator to the economy mode when you leave.
The freshness zone is a separate compartment where it is good to store herbs, vegetables and fruits due to high humidity.
The shock freeze mode allows you to instantly freeze food, while maintaining the maximum of nutrients.
Antibacterial coatings and carbon filters fight odors.
Features of the Sumsung models
Appliance manufacturer Sumsung has a wide variety of inverter refrigerators. The rise in prices for such models is quite large, from 25,000 to 200,000 rubles. This price range is characterized by the difference in the volume of the freezing and refrigerating chambers, the location of the freezer. The control and availability of the display also affects the price, so refrigerators with mechanical control and no display are cheaper..
All inverter models of this manufacturer are equipped with a No frost system. Consumption class of such models – A+.
More expensive models are usually equipped with touch controls and LED lighting. They have functions such as cleaning the air in the chambers with a deodorizing filter, Power Freeze (quick freezing), a control lock function and others.
The noise level of such models is only 38.5 dB. The difference with conventional models is 10%.
The company provides a 10-year warranty for such equipment and promises consumers high durability of its products and build quality..
Review of popular manufacturers
Today, inverter refrigerators are produced by several manufacturers. These include LG, Atlant, Bosch, Samsung. Let’s take a closer look at each model separately.
Since the financial capabilities of each of us are different, we will consider options for such a technique with respect to different price segments..
Low price segment.
- Model Samsung RB33J3301WW pleases consumers with quiet operation. The refrigerator is equipped with built-in surge protection. In general, the technique meets the expectations of consumers in terms of price / quality. Based on the reviews, the refrigerator is made soundly. The price for such a model is approximately 40,000 rubles..
- Fridge LG GA-B489ZECL also pleases users with quiet operation. The dimensions of the refrigerator, based on consumer feedback, allow you to store a large amount of food. The No frost system works well. The price for such a model is approximately 39,000 rubles..
- Model Atlant XM 4425-030 N are chosen for having identical functions in more expensive models for a much lower price. Consumers note the high durability of the equipment. And in general, we are satisfied with the expectations in terms of price / quality. The price for such a model is approximately 28,000 rubles.
- Bosch KIS 87AF30 – a refrigerator, which, according to consumers, copes with its functions quite well. Energy class – A ++. Among the disadvantages, users noted a relatively high noise level.
Middle price segment.
- Roominess and stylish design attracts buyers. Samsung RB41J7761B1. Metal cooling technology allows you to quickly restore the desired temperature, with frequent opening of the refrigerator door. Consumers are pleased with the All-around Cooling function, thanks to which there is no need to guess on which shelf to put the product, so that it does not deteriorate, since the temperature is the same in all compartments. Among the shortcomings, users noted that the refrigerator has a very easily soiled surface. The price for such equipment is about 70,000 rubles..
- Fridge LG GN-M702HMHM will please people who make large stocks of frozen food. Since the freezer of this model is quite roomy, based on the reviews. It also has a backlight. Antibacterial sealant and hygienic air filter protects food from germs and mold. Cons – different temperatures in the door compartments. The price is approximately 86,000 rubles.
- Refrigerator model Bosch KGN 39SA10R, according to consumers, it combines the best qualities of equipment from different manufacturers. It combines high functionality and cutting edge design. The price is approximately 56,000 rubles.
High price segment.
- Model Samsung RF905QBLAXW. In general, the reviews about the model are quite good. The overwhelming majority notes the good capacity of the refrigerator. It is also equipped with an ionizer that allows you to fight germs. Among the shortcomings, users noted the large weight of the refrigerator..
- Model Bosch KAN 58A55 attracts consumers with its stylish appearance. Many people acquire it only because of the presence of this quality. Some users complain about frequent breakage of shelves. The lack of air ionization upsets consumers, because the price for such a model is quite high and ranges from 119,000 to 180,000 rubles.