A child’s nutrition is one of the important factors in his healthy well-being, therefore it is important to cook it correctly and tasty. For such purposes, you can use a special Philips Avent blender, which perfectly grinds all products, allowing even the smallest to use them..
Principle of operation
Mechanisms of this type are devices capable of mixing and grinding products. At the exit, you can get a mixture with very small components, which is used for making cocktails, yoghurts, soups and other dishes..
The work of a blender can be described in several sequential operations:
- Loading ingredients into a special container (bowl). Please note that many of the fruits must be prepared (remove seeds, peel, etc.) before processing. The bowl can be filled almost completely, but experts recommend leaving about 15% of the free space of the total volume.
- Recycling. This process is carried out with special knives, which can be located both from the bottom of the bowl and on a special removable device. Grinding is carried out due to the rapid rotation of the working bodies, which destroy the structure of the products, turning them into a mass of a homogeneous structure.
Blender Philips Avent is a kind of mini complex for processing many types of products. This class of devices is distinguished by the presence of a special function for steaming ingredients. Many parents prefer these particular systems, as they allow you to receive several types of dishes that are perfect for both children of different ages and adults..
The technical parameters of the Philips Avent blender can be described by the following indicators:
- The power of the device reaches 400W, which can handle many soft foods.
- Weight – 2 kg. The device is relatively small, which allows it to be operated in any convenient place at home.
- Bowl volume. This parameter depends on what you plan to process in it. So in the container you can put up to 800 ml of bulk products and only 450 ml of liquid. Special measuring cups and a spatula are often sold with the device..
- Electrical characteristics. The system operates from a network with a voltage of 220-240 V and a frequency of 50-60 Hz. The length of the cord is 70 cm, which allows the steamer to be located remotely from the outlets.
It should be noted that these parameters are presented for the SCF870 / 22 modification blender. Other models may differ in characteristics such as power and bowl volume. All devices are equipped with a special alarm system that notifies of the complete preparation of the dish (works in cases where the blender is used as a double boiler).
Positive aspects of using
Popular 4-in-1 models provide owners with a lot of functionality and capabilities.. Among the main advantages of a double boiler are the following features:
- Small size and weight.
- Ease of cleaning the bowl. This is facilitated by high-quality materials used in its manufacture..
- Significant system power. With this blender, you can make a homogeneous puree. This is very important for baby food, which should not include various rough ingredients..
- Security. Such a “multicooker” starts only when the entire system is assembled correctly and all the locks are latched. All models are equipped with an overheating controller that turns off the device when a certain temperature is reached.
- Environmental friendliness. All materials are safe for human health, since they do not contain bisphenol-A.
- Ease of use. The control of the blender is quite simple, the presence of additional elements (measuring cups, etc.) allows you to perform all operations efficiently and quickly.
What can you cook
The steamer blender can be used not only to feed babies, but also to provide nutrition for all family members.. With this system, you can prepare many delicious dishes using the following ingredients:
- Zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, onions, potatoes, etc..
- Dishes from all types of meat (lamb, beef, etc.).
- A fish. The blender makes great food with cod, trout or salmon.
- Fruits. From these components, you can get not only hot dishes, but also useful liquid mixtures (yoghurts, etc.).
As you can see, the blender can handle almost all products found in every kitchen. The main feature of the process is the selection of a recipe that can be prepared using steam and high heat. It should be noted that this type of food is much healthier than fried counterparts, since many useful substances are retained during the cooking process. One of the design flaws is the presence of a small bowl, which is only enough for a small portion for a child..
Algorithm of operation
Preparing food with Philips Avent is a fairly simple operation that can be described in a few simple steps:
- Initially, all the components of the dish are placed in the container, which are cut into pieces of the desired size (diameter about 2-3 cm).
- After that, water is poured into a special container and the device is turned on. In the process, the liquid is heated and fed into the bowl, where and under its influence, the ingredients are processed..
- When the food is cooked, the container is simply turned over and the blender itself turns off. After removing food, the bowl must be washed so that food residues do not dry out on the surface, as this will complicate their subsequent removal..
It should be noted that the processing time of the ingredients depends on the type of product used in the recipe:
- Apples or pears should be kept inside for no more than 5 minutes.
- You can cook a peach, orange or plum until tender within 10 minutes.
- Solid foods like carrots, celery, cauliflower, pumpkin, etc. needs to be boiled in a double boiler for ¼ hours.
- Potatoes, beans, peas, or broccoli take up to 20 minutes to process. It costs the same amount to boil meat (in no case less).
Proper care is the key to reliable and long-term performance
The operation of a steamer-blender involves the use of many different components that can remain on the walls, forming scale. Over time, this can lead to the fact that the device simply fails. To prevent this from happening, you need to properly care for him.. This is quite simple to do, following a few simple guidelines:
- Before starting cleaning, be sure to check that the mechanism is disconnected from the electrical network..
- The containers can be cleaned either with a citric acid solution (10 g / 200 ml of warm water) or with table vinegar (50 ml of vinegar / 150 ml of water).
- Pour the selected liquid only into the water container, and not into the bowl itself where the food is located. To carry out cleaning, you just need to run the steamer mode for 5 minutes, and then rinse the tanks with water. To completely remove cleaning solutions, you need to run the system for two cooking cycles with clean water..
The Philips Avent steamer blender is a multifunctional appliance, which has led to its immense popularity among many housewives. The bulk of buyers of this product are young mothers who need help preparing high-quality purees for their baby..
Philips Avent owners claim that it is very practical and useful while remaining reliable. The cooking process does not require certain skills, so even inexperienced kitchen lovers can cope with it. It should be noted that users point to the versatility and the ability to work with many types of products, as well as significant time savings, allowing you to take care of your child without being distracted by the cooking process..
The Philips Avent Steamer Blender is a one-of-a-kind device that gives its owners plenty of space for their culinary experiments. Using this device, you can delight your child every day with delicious and healthy meals..