Many foods can only be stored at relatively low temperatures. This prevents the rapid development of harmful microorganisms and also helps to prolong the freshness of the food. Some people choose to use a refrigerator without a freezer. This device is perfect for both large and small kitchens. A properly selected refrigerator will perfectly fit into any interior.
Refrigerators without a freezer are refrigeration equipment that is designed to lower the temperature to at least 0 degrees. Such systems cannot freeze water and various products, since they are not equipped with a freezer..
According to the principle of operation, these systems are no different from the classic two-chamber designs. It can be described as follows:
- The compressor first compresses the refrigerant, which leads to a decrease in its temperature.
- After that, the solution is fed through tubes to the walls of the refrigerator., where it starts to heat up. During this process, the products give off their heat, and they themselves are cooled..
It should be noted that these operations can be carried out in different ways – both directly through the walls of the refrigerator, and using cold air streams. A refrigerator without a freezer is similar in function to a refrigerator compartment. All technical innovations are present here – from the freshness zone to the antibacterial coating of the walls..
Advantages and disadvantages
Refrigeration units of this type are versatile designs found in many kitchens.. They have gained their popularity due to many positive qualities:
- Many models are very compact designs, they are small. This allows them to be built into furniture, to fit refrigerators into the overall interior of the kitchen..
- If necessary small devices can be transported in a passenger care.
- Low noise level. This allows you to operate such devices not only in the kitchen, but also in the office, in the bedroom..
- Relatively low cost. This parameter depends only on the model and on the capacity of the refrigerator..
- Quality equipment. Each model is a chamber in which there are many shelves and cells. This allows you to make the most of the space for the positioning of products..
- Availability of device protection against voltage surges.
- Almost all models are equipped with reversible doors, interior lighting. There are also beeps.
Still, such designs are not universal.. They have several important disadvantages:
- No freezer. Only those products that you use quickly can be stored inside a regular camera. For this reason, refrigerators without a freezer are often used in offices where food needs to be kept fresh throughout the day. In everyday life, such devices are most often used to store alcoholic beverages (for example, wine).
- Some models of household refrigerators are not equipped with mechanisms that allow you to change the temperature inside the chamber.. Everything happens automatically in such devices..
There are a variety of types of such refrigeration equipment, as it is used to solve various problems..
Several general features of this technique should be highlighted:
- Spaciousness. For single-door refrigerators, the volume of the inner chamber ranges from 50 to 500 liters. Large refrigerators are found in food establishments (restaurants, snack bars). For domestic use, experts recommend purchasing built-in models with a capacity not exceeding 100 liters. If you have a place in the house, then you can buy a large model, and install the freezer separately..
- Power. Almost all modern refrigerators of this type have this indicator not lower than class A. However, there are devices in which this parameter is suitable for classes B and C. The level of electricity consumption does not exceed 200 W / day. All these parameters are subject to change depending on the installed compressor and functions..
- Noise level. Almost all varieties of this technique are silent: the sound when such devices operate is not higher than 30 dB. This is very convenient, which makes many consumers give preference to just such models..
Refrigerators from Germany have always been distinguished by their reliability and durability. Among all this diversity, the embedded model should be highlighted. Liebherr “IKB 3550”. Among the positive characteristics of a single-chamber system, one can note the low power consumption (class A), which is 2 times less than that of devices with a freezer..
The device is characterized by the following parameters:
- The height of the refrigerator reaches 177 cm, while the width and depth are equal and are only 55 cm.
- Touch controls and large LCD monitor.
- All shelves are made of stainless steel, which allows them to be used for a long time. The number of such partitions reaches 8 pieces..
Several more features of this model should be highlighted:
- The system shuts down completely every six hours.. This saves the maximum amount of energy.
- Soundtrack when opening doors. This signal also occurs when there are breakdowns in the refrigerator..
- Internal fan allows you to evenly cool food in all corners of the chamber.
- Doors are equipped with a door closer, which allows you not to control the process of their closing. At the same time, a smooth ride contributes to an increase in the durability of such a device..
Domestic manufacturers also produce refrigerators without freezers. The most striking of them is the device “Saratov 549 (KSh-160)”. This product is intended for office or country use.. The refrigerator has the following functional characteristics:
- The usable volume of the chamber is 165 liters, which is quite enough for an average family..
- All shelves are adjustable, which allows you to adapt them to your needs.
- The kit includes a compartment for placing bottles and eggs.
- The refrigerator constantly maintains the temperature inside the chamber 0-5 degrees above zero.
- The technique belongs to class B (according to the characteristics of energy saving).
- Drip cooling system.
- Possibility of hanging doors.
The refrigerator of this brand is a simple and reliable mechanism that performs all the necessary functions. Such a device is distinguished by its durability, which makes many people buy it..
Samsung’s technology has always been practical, this manufacturer has embodied many innovative ideas into reality. This also applies to refrigerators without a freezer, among which the model can be distinguished Samsung “RR92EERS”. This design has the following features:
- This tall (180 cm) model has a usable volume of 359 liters.
- The system is controlled using touch buttons.
- Energy consumption level – A+.
- The weight of the structure is 68 kg.
Positive features include automatic defrosting and reversible doors. The system is controlled by an inverter compressor, which not only reduces electricity consumption, but also runs quietly and is much more efficient. This characteristic also affects the cost of the refrigerator, which is much higher than the price of standard models..
The range of refrigerators does not end with the considered representatives. Such equipment is produced by many companies, among which one can single out Snaige, Atlant, Bosch and others. When choosing such devices, it is important to take into account their technical equipment and build quality (if you want the operation of the entire system to be long and uninterrupted). Experts recommend giving preference to refrigerators from well-known manufacturers, so there will be no “surprises” with the quality. You should choose the right device as carefully as possible, in which case you will be able to avoid unpleasant surprises..