The kitchen set is a rather complex system, which consists of floor and hanging elements. At the same time, it will be especially difficult to mount the last types of cabinets, since they must be located strictly in a horizontal level. This can be done using special awnings, which will be discussed below..
What it is?
Kitchen cabinet hanger is a special fixing hardware used to fix these structures to vertical wall surfaces. Similar products are made from various materials, but often the basis is various types of metal, which are given a certain shape..
There are several types of fasteners of this type, but each of them can be operated only under certain loads. This parameter is one of the most important when choosing the necessary fittings for fixing wall cabinets..
The simplest suspension can be considered an ordinary screw or self-tapping screw, which is screwed directly through the wooden frame into the wall. But this method is quite rare, since the system is not able to withstand significant loads and, after a certain time, loses its properties..
Classification of fastening structures
Although the pedestals are fixed directly to the suspensions themselves, there are still special designs that are attached directly to the wall. With their help, you can carry out this operation. Among them are some of the most popular products:
- Self-tapping screws. A relatively simple option that is used to fix structures that do not lend themselves to significant loads.
- The crutch is the same self-tapping screw, but with an L-shaped end, which limits the sliding of the pedestal of such a loop.
- The mounting plate (mounting rail) is a special metal profile with several holes. The upper edge of this product lags slightly behind the wall and forms a kind of hook on which the cabinet is hung..
Fasteners for wall furniture can be divided into several main types:
- Simple hanger with top or middle attachment. Such products are special metal strips with two holes for fixing to the cabinet and one pear-shaped for direct hanging. Fasteners with the upper type of fastening are distinguished by their ease of installation, but the use of such systems leads to the protrusion of the strip above the surface of the furniture.
- Fixed angle hangers are small metal corners with two holes on each of the planes. At the same time, one of them is used to fasten the product to the cabinet, and the other is suspended on a self-tapping screw or another holder placed inside the wall..
- P-shaped hangers (left- and right-handed) represent a plate that resembles the previously indicated letter in shape. The design has several holes, which, as in other cases, are used for fastening to a certain plane and material. A distinctive feature of such a suspension is the presence of a relatively wide “ear”, which makes it possible to adjust the position of the pedestal in the horizontal plane. This, in turn, makes it possible to not so accurately mark the location of the self-tapping screw and install it in the wall..
- Adjustable hangers are one of the most modern fasteners. Such a structure consists of a fixing hook (allows for fastening to a bar or crutch) and an adjusting block. The last element is directly attached to the side wall of the cabinet. Adjustment is made using special screws that can move the box both back and forth and up and down. On the market you can find several varieties of such suspensions, which not only have different sizes and designs, but are also capable of withstanding significant loads..
Modern kitchens consist of several units, which can have not only different designs, but also sizes. Today, there are 2 fundamental approaches to fixing kitchen cabinets:
- Installation of all modules in one line. This option is used when all elements have a standard height, which allows such operations to be carried out..
- Installation of pedestals at various levels. This approach is used by many designers, since using this installation it is possible to connect several types of modules that will fit into the overall interior..
Determining the optimal height
It should be understood that the location of kitchen cabinets depends not only on the size of the room, but also on the height of the person. There are several fairly simple recommendations that experts recommend following when fixing hinged elements:
- With a person’s height up to 160 cm, the upper shelf should be located at a height of no higher than 175 cm.
- When the height of the owner of the kitchen varies in the range from 160 to 170 cm, then the level of the upper “threshold” should not be more than 190 cm.
- With a growth of more than 170 cm, the shelves may already be located at 2 m level from the floor.
It should be noted that all this is selected depending on the specific desires of the owner and the functions performed by the furniture..
Preparing the base
In order to properly carry out the fastening of such attributes, you must first carefully align the wall. Moreover, it should be flat not only in the horizontal, but also in the vertical plane. It is also very important to bring the angle values up to 90 degrees..
Please note that if the walls are formed from sheets of drywall, then it is very difficult to hang the pedestals on such a base, since the material will not withstand significant loads. This material can only be used as a leveling layer, under which there is a more solid base..
The process of hanging kitchen cabinets can be broken down into several sequential steps:
- Initially, the hooks in the hinges are brought to the middle position. After that, the canopies are fixed on the sides of each of the modules. In this case, the hooks should stick out a few millimeters from the wall of the cabinet. This will make it possible to hook them onto a special mounting rail..
- The next step is to install the mounting plate. To do this, a marking is made of the place where it should be located and the points of formation of holes are indicated on the wall. After that, holes are made using a drill of a specific diameter. When everything is ready, we fix the plank to the wall using dowels or other similar fasteners.
- When the frame is ready, the cabinet is installed on the bar. To align it, special screws are used on the adjustable Euro canopies. Before carrying out any operations with such structures, be sure to read the instructions of the manufacturer of this product..
- After alignment, you need to fasten all the pedestals together with the help of special clamps or other fasteners.
When performing such operations, try to make only careful measurements, which will make it possible to align the furniture in the plane you need. To extend the service life of such a system, it is also advisable to use high-quality suspensions, for example, from Atlas. With their help, you can form a solid system that will withstand a fairly large weight..
Installation of awnings is a fairly simple operation, but it requires some experience in order to perform it quickly and efficiently. In doing so, you also need to follow a few simple guidelines:
- It is advisable to place the hinged rail slightly lower (3-4 cm) of the upper level of the cabinet.
- When installing modules on drywall, experts recommend using special butterfly dowels, which will allow you to achieve a snug fit to the surface.
- When the wall material is soft enough and crumbles during drilling, then it is advisable to carry out this operation with a preliminary drill of a smaller diameter, and only then expand to the desired value.
Only high-quality suspensions and a certain experience will allow you to achieve the desired and correct location of all kitchen modules. In the absence of such indicators, it is advisable to entrust the solution of such tasks to specialists..