It is wrong to believe that white dining room furniture is impractical and not original; on the contrary, white countertops are gaining popularity in modern interior solutions..
The white table is universal to complement absolutely any design, white countertops are cut from any material from pliable wood to laconic glass with a glossy surface, its shape and legs determine the design of the table and its relevance in a particular interior.
The white table in the interior of the kitchen looks organic in any case, regardless of the size, design of the room and the style of furniture; in any case, the white table will look appropriate, the main thing is to beat it correctly. White countertops have advantages and disadvantages, which we’ll talk about in the article section..
- White is universal; he is like a canvas for creating an interior masterpiece. The white countertop will be appropriate in absolutely any format of the kitchen room – from the classics (this also includes the “English” style, “Provence”, “country”) to the ultramodern (high-tech, minimalism), it is important to choose the furniture material and shape.
- A round or oval small worktop on one leg will be succinctly combined with a Provence style kitchen and other “rustic” variations of interior design, and the rectangular glossy design is ideal for modern.
- The white color of the dining room furniture goes well even with the dark facades of the kitchen.; do not tie the countertop to the shade of the kitchen, let the furniture be similar in shape and style.
- Dust or other dirt is not so noticeable on a light color of the countertop, which is highly visible on dark furniture.
- As noted, the table should not match the color of the kitchen facade; create a separate area for rest and eating in light shades, and the white table will become its main accent.
- Maintenance of the white countertop is easy and differs according to its material: the most unpretentious in maintenance, tiles, wood and MDF, more attention is required by a glossy surface (plastic, glass).
- White table top can be made of any material – wood, plastic, glass, tiles, MDF or chipboard, metal, combined elements.
- Folding table model will become a practical and functional choice, and especially if the family now and then receives guests. It is advisable to purchase a model for 2-4 persons – its standard value is calculated by the parameter 60 cm width per person, that is, the minimum size is 120×80 cm (two people on each side).
The folding table, depending on the shape, has different expansion mechanisms and an additional increased area. Rectangular models usually increase by 30-60 cm, book tables have an area of magnification twice, like most square counterparts.
- Solid top tables familiar and more suitable for spacious kitchens; do not neglect such models if the furniture model attracted much.
- Transforming tables – new and current models, which in their original form resemble low pedestals, and when unfolded – a full-fledged table with a height of 75 cm and a length of 100 cm their raising-lowering.
It was noted that light countertops are made of any material, which allows you to choose furniture for a particular interior for a better combination.
- Wood Is one of the most common materials for the production of white countertops. Natural wood decorates the interior, and the worktop made of oak or beech in a natural shade will become the main accent of the kitchen area. Despite the fact that wood is resistant to temperature extremes and has high strength, it does not tolerate pungent stains like wine, fruit and vegetable compositions (tomato paste, juices), therefore, spilling coffee or wine on an oak or light ash countertop should be removed immediately stain, otherwise it will stick into the material.
- MDF – a derivative of wood with high quality characteristics, durability and greater availability in comparison with solid wood. White chipboard worktop looks good in gloss.
- Chipboard – even more budgetary choice between worktops based on wood. Shades of chipboard countertops are different, and even white can be different.
- Strained glass as part of a white countertop, it is a practical material; gloss on the surface is present in almost every such model.
The types of table legs differ from each other and allow you to create a model of furniture of an unusual format, suitable for a certain interior.
- 4 legs – a classic of the genre, which is equally suitable for discreet kitchen areas with austere laconic furniture and sophisticated modern ones, where minimalism and outlined forms prevail. Round, oval, square and rectangular – each of them can have 4 stable legs, and what they will be – straight, rounded, carved, it is up to the buyer.
- 2 legs suitable for the formation of a dining area in a small kitchen; such a tabletop is attached to the wall with one side, the second rests on these very legs. Typically, this dining table design is installed in a “rustic interior or a standard modern.
- 1 leg – the prerogative of small round or oval countertops. The massive support of the table allows you to free up the lower space and make the rest more comfortable. A round white table on one leg will be the ideal solution for any kitchen – from classic to ultra-modern format, you just need to define the texture and material of the product.
- Round and oval – these shapes are good for a spacious kitchen, as they take up more space on it. If you want to install a white round table in a small room, choose the small size of the white wood or MDF countertop and the folding character of the furniture in order to be able to enlarge the dining area if necessary..
An oval table in white in a standard format 120×80 cm is suitable for a kitchen with a square of 9 meters or more to create a cozy and functional cooking and relaxation area.
- Rectangular shape suitable for a small and spacious kitchen; to save space, a rectangular table is placed against the wall, and under conditions of a spacious room, it is placed one meter or more from the wall.
- Square table top traditionally has a small shape 50×50 cm, 70×70 cm, 90×90 cm, for example, since large sizes make furniture too bulky. A square folding white table will be a practical choice for a small kitchen, and it would be appropriate to install it by the window if it is located in the kitchen.
How to care
Buyers are often afraid to buy a white table for the kitchen because a snow-white countertop can turn yellow, in their opinion. Let’s talk more about caring for white kitchen furniture.
Like any other table, a white piece of furniture requires wet cleaning: wiping it down with a damp sponge every time after eating.
There are special compositions for the care of the surface of white furniture – wood, glass, tiles, and even one that has a patina or pattern..
Gloss is capricious in care, therefore it requires careful cleaning and does not tolerate water, which leaves unsightly spots behind..
As an alternative to the crystal white countertop, choose the color ivory, beige, powdery, pinkish..
Designers now and then bring to life interiors for the kitchen with a snow-white or light massive table, which acts as the main accent. An interesting solution would be the choice of a wooden model of a snow-white shade for a dark floor; at the same time, the rest of the furniture of the apartment has a light shade – more often white.
A practical solution is to choose a white rectangular table for 4 persons. It will be appropriate for a simple and small kitchen, combined with various chairs of unequal shape, as in the photo below.
A glossy snow-white rectangular table creates the impression of a wide space and visually enlarges even a spacious dining room. The white countertop looks laconic in combination with a light wood of a cold shade and a black additional color for finishing in the interior.
A kitchen table with patina is suitable for completing a classic or “English” kitchen interior and will be a chic addition to the image of the room.. Patinated models are combined with patina on the facades of the kitchen set, which allows you to create a whole set of furniture, by the way, often such sets of furniture are sold together.
Patina will become appropriate in the Provence interior, while it does not have to be gold, a pinkish tint and pale blue, gray, black and silver will do..
To diversify the kitchen with a light countertop will help contrasting furniture – wooden chairs in a dark shade, soft carpets, table decor and a ceiling lamp in a “natural” shade..