The use of light panels in interior design of various stylistic orientations is one of the trends of our time. In addition to their great appearance, the panels can easily focus light in the required areas without decorating the room with partitions. They can be used in both the home and office and retail sectors, and the ease of installation and operation of the finished product only increases the popularity of light panels..
The light panels are compact and modern in design. LED elements are used for lighting. Light panels are made up of several main components connected in a convenient and practical design, which makes it easy to use as well as easy to clean..
Light strips are made up of several basic elements, which include:
- LED light source. The number of lamps depends on the panel size and the required light intensity;
- The body of the product consists of a translucent polymer that provides characteristic lighting. On the back wall there is a reflective film that amplifies and normalizes the glow if one of the diodes is faulty;
- auxiliary electronics (transformer, stabilizer and others).
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of ceiling light panels include:
- attractive design with a wide range of shapes and colors;
- you can order a panel of a suitable style and size, since their manufacture is based on the use of ready-made LED lamps and does not have any particular difficulties;
- relatively small dimensions, if compared with lighting devices of equivalent power, their thickness does not exceed 14 mm, which significantly saves space without lowering the ceilings;
- simple installation of the finished product makes it possible to install such panels, even for people who do not understand electricity;
- such products can create zoned lighting, highlighting the desired area. This option is often used for large rooms, studio apartments and rooms in which several people live together;
- pleasant lighting is provided by the ability to regulate the intensity of the panel by means of control drivers, it is also possible to change the color of the lighting from warm yellow to colder white;
- high ratio of consumed and emitted energy – about 110 times due to the use of LED technology;
- long service life;
- LEDs are resistant to temperature changes;
- instant access to a given illumination intensity;
- silent operation of light sources – LEDs;
- low temperature of the lamps;
- safe emission spectrum of LEDs, which determines their widespread use without the likelihood of causing harm to people, animals and plants;
- are made from environmentally friendly components without the use of toxic substances.
The disadvantages of LED lighting strips include their high cost, which is directly related to the price of LED lamps. In addition, products are produced only in modern design, which may be inappropriate in some interior styles, for example, in the classics..
Light panels are manufactured for specific operational needs, which determines their design features both in external performance and in terms of product filling..
Manufacturers offer a choice of different shapes and colors of cases. The most common options include:
- square (with an average size of 20-60 cm);
- round (diameter up to 24 cm);
On request, manufacturers can make lamps of the desired shape, size and color.
By type of installation
Light panels are produced with different types of fixing devices, the main types include:
- embedded, which involve placement inside a certain structure, for example, a plasterboard, wooden or other box;
- waybills options are attached directly to the surface of the ceiling, wall or other plane in the same way as a conventional lamp on self-tapping screws or other fasteners;
- suspended – from the ceiling fasteners, a suspension is made by cables, which allows you to create a clearly marked light zone, for example, you can highlight the dining table in the kitchen.
By directionality of light
Radiating elements in light panels can be installed on a movable base, allowing you to adjust the direction of illumination. Depending on the direction of light, products are divided into two types:
- with constant directivity of lamps;
- with changeable lighting vector.
By the presence of a scattering coating
The panels may or may not have a translucent coating, which sets a certain specificity to the luminous flux.. There are the following types of panels:
- with a diffusing element (shade), such lighting creates a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere, great for illuminating recreation areas, eating and other places with similar specifics;
- without it, direct light is more intense and can provide the necessary lighting when performing small and scrupulous actions, for example, in a jewelry or other store when considering small-sized goods, when reading books, working with microelectronics and other options.
By the presence of regulating controllers
The light panel can be equipped with a special device that regulates the intensity of the illumination, and in some versions, its color., in this case, all products are divided into the following types:
- with stable lighting;
- with regulation of light intensity;
- with regulation of intensity and color of illumination.
When deciding on the purchase of light panels, you need to decide for what purposes they will be used: additional or main lighting. This factor affects their placement in the room. The attachment point, in turn, determines the format of the product.. So, light panels can be installed on the following surfaces:
In the case of a wall, ceiling or wall, the dimensions of the panel correspond to the dimensions of these planes. Products of the appropriate width must be installed on the cornices and columns, otherwise they will not fit into the interior, and their fastening will not be entirely reliable and convenient.
By creating basic lighting with light panels, products can be positioned in different order relative to each other. For example, an arrangement one after another, that is, lines with certain intervals, obliquely from each other – in a checkerboard pattern. You can combine panels of different shapes, for example, round and rectangular options to highlight different areas in the room.
Options for stretch and false ceilings
The versatility of products, their compact size and ease of use allow the use of light panels in conjunction with other elements of decorative interior decoration.
Like light panels, stretch ceilings are gaining in popularity due to their excellent appearance, combined with ease of installation and operation, which determines their frequent joint use. The light panel can be installed under a fabric suspended ceiling, although more often the luminaire is installed in a cut-out niche of both knitted and film stretch ceilings. The low operating temperature of the device ensures complete safety when close to PVC or fabric surface, does not spoil the appearance of the coating.
A wide range of designs for both light panels and stretch ceilings makes it possible to create interiors for every taste without the need for complex expensive designer repairs.
LED light panels are replacing fluorescent lamps in the presence of a false ceiling of the Armstrong type, since the latter are inferior to the operational and aesthetic properties of diode devices. The installation of products is reduced to the choice of the placement of lighting fixtures relative to the entire area of the room, and the replacement of false ceiling panels with lighting ones. If the dimensions of the light panels are smaller than the cells, they can be built into cut-out standard panels, which also does not pose any particular difficulties..
Installation of a ceiling box with lighting and LED panels, see the video below.