Lining is a board made of high quality wood and special processing, used in the construction and decoration of houses, has become quite widespread throughout the world. One of its most popular types is called “Calm”. When attaching it, previously only screws, nails and self-tapping screws were used, which were in plain sight. Recently, preference has been given to flush-mounted elements, which significantly improved the appearance of the room and the possibilities of their design..
Kleimers as a type of hidden panel mounting
Kleimers are one of the options for installing the finishing of hidden-type premises. They are special shaped brackets that are installed on a wall surface or other base using ordinary self-tapping screws, as well as nails. A specially shaped protrusion-hook on the cleaimer serves for further fastening of panels to it.
They are used for fastening different materials..
- Facade curtain elements made of stone or tiles up to 14 mm thick. For the installation of natural stones, reinforced products are made, designed for a thickness of up to 40 mm.
- Facade cladding with large aluminum elements.
- Floor elements such as decking.
- Skirting panels.
- Various panels in various sizes inside the building.
- Lining of various profiles and materials.
Cleamers are made on special equipment by stamping from ordinary and special strip steel, as well as from aluminum. After that, they are covered with an anti-corrosion coating, most often zinc..
The use of cleats for installation has a number of specific advantages and benefits..
- There is absolutely no possibility of damage to the material of the panels during their installation. This is due to the fact that when using them, holes do not appear. While when fixing lining panels with nails and screws, there are always holes from which cracks can form in the future, moisture can get into them and cause rotting of the material.
- Cleamers are hidden fasteners that are not visible from the outside. This improves the appearance of the room, and the walls look beautiful and stylish, as a whole, without nail heads and screws..
- This is a very easy-to-use type of installation that does not require special tools..
- The staple made of durable metal is very reliable and will serve for many years.
When choosing cleats, it should be borne in mind that they are available in various thicknesses., which is chosen taking into account the weight of the structures to be fixed. So, the usual, most common, has a thickness of about 0.5 mm, and the reinforced version is about 1 mm or more. When planning to use clamps for fastening, it should be borne in mind that in this case the panels to be fixed must have a margin in the thickness of the gap, calculated taking into account the thickness of the fastening used. Otherwise, it will not be possible to use it..
To do this, you need to take panels from different packs, insert them into each other together with the kleimer. In this case, everything must fit tightly, without unnecessary gaps, otherwise the installation configuration will change.
Basic rules for choosing clearers for lining
Depending on the thickness and weight of the material used, different types of clamps are used. So, for thicker and more massive lining, kleimers made of thicker and stronger metal are chosen. Kleimers are selected depending on the size and materials used. The metal brackets themselves differ in the size of special protrusions on which the lining sheet rests.
Various types of cleats are available.
- For fixing chipboard. In this case, the thickness of the material for production is 4 mm.
- For lining made of plastic and MDF. Given the low weight of the material, the thickness of the kleimer elements is used up to 2 mm.
- For installation of panels from euro lining. In this case, staples up to 4 mm thick are used..
- Reinforced, for fastening classic lining made of wood, up to 5 mm thick.
When choosing a cement, it should be borne in mind that their use:
- significantly increases the speed and productivity during the installation and connection of lining panels;
- damage to the material, including the formation of cracks, is completely excluded;
- high humidity and temperature do not affect the quality of work and fixing of panels;
- provides a solid fastening of the panels, which over time will not loosen and tilt;
- they have a low cost with high and accurate workmanship;
- fasteners are invisible, which significantly improves the appearance of the resulting surface.
In addition to the usual options by stamping, clamps with spikes on the surface are produced. Their use can significantly increase traction with the surface and reduce the risk of lateral displacement..
The clamps used must securely fix the panels in a well-defined place and position on the wall. Their number depends on the total length of the lining to be fixed and the material from which it is made..
Rules for calculating the stamps and their application for fastening
The experience of using clearers shows that to securely and firmly fix one square meter, it is enough to pick up about ten pieces.
- For a more accurate calculation, it is necessary to measure the length of one panel. After that, we measure the pitch of the sheathing frame. Typically, this distance ranges from 40 to 60 centimeters. We divide the length of the panel by the lathing step and add one. We multiply this result by the number of panels. This will be the right amount for fastening..
- When choosing the type of product used for fixing panels, it is necessary to take into account that each element must be fastened with two or three self-tapping screws. It is not worth saving on their quantity, as this can affect the reliability and quality of installation in general. For fastening heavy panels, thicker reinforced elements with a large number of points of their attachment are used.
- After calculating the number of clippers, you can start installing the panels. The wall on which the installation is planned is pre-treated with special antiseptic solutions to eliminate the possibility of fungus formation. In the future, clamps are installed on the wall or installed crate with nails or self-tapping screws. In this case, nails are used only in the case of using the lathing.
- Since the use of lining requires a flat surface, in the presence of uneven walls, it is necessary to calculate how best to align them. Perhaps leveling the wall surface with a special mortar or installing the lathing.
- Very often, in such cases, a crate is used, which is quickly installed on the surface of the wall, and you can immediately install it on it. Usually, the lathing is made of a wooden bar of the same thickness, which is fixed at a distance of about one meter from each other. When installing wooden lining, this distance is slightly less, and is about 50-60 cm.
- When installing the lathing timber, you need to constantly monitor the plane of the resulting surface, which should be flat. If necessary, to obtain a flat surface, plates of the required thickness are placed under the bars.
- The use of leveling solutions takes a long time, after which time is also needed for them to dry. Therefore, this option is used much less often and, if necessary, to carry out such work..
- Having installed the fasteners for the first panel, proceed to its installation and the subsequent fastening of the clamps for the next one. The first board is tightly inserted into the hooks of the kleimers, the rest are mounted in the same way. This method ensures an accurate and secure fit of each panel to each other..
- To ensure high-quality installation with natural further ventilation, it is necessary to take into account that the boards should not touch the wall surface. Otherwise, it will lead to limited ventilation, moisture accumulation, mold and mildew formation..
- When working with clapboard and cleats, it should be noted that work should be carried out at an ambient temperature of at least 10 degrees, since at lower temperatures deformation of the panels can occur. Kleimers must be made of stainless materials and are treated with a special protective coating, since rust can spread over the surface of the lining.
- You cannot use liquid sealant at the joints of wooden panels, but it is better to choose a moisture-proof film for this. Its use in case of temperature extremes can lead to cracking of the panels. After the installation is completed, the surface of the lining should be treated with special protective antiseptic materials that increase its resistance to precipitation and ultraviolet radiation..
- Taking into account all the requirements for the selection of clamps for lining will provide reliable and durable installation, as well as a long service life of the installed coating.
For how to attach clamps for lining, see the next video.