The building materials market is constantly improving, offering customers an ever wider range of products. And if not so long ago sealing of seams was a real problem, today this issue is easily solved by using sealants. The line of these products is updated every day, and today one of the most popular samples can be called – Tytan Professional sealant.
All Tytan Professional sealants are available in a 310 ml volume, and the tubes are specially designed for use with a construction gun. This ensures problem-free application and optimal product consumption. If a larger amount of material is required, you can purchase a 600 ml package, however, in this case, the manufacturer produces a sealant in foil, which is less convenient when carrying out work.
The color palette of materials is quite varied, however, most silicone products are presented in white. Certain types have different shades, for example, universal models are produced (in addition to white) in gray, red, transparent, brown and black. Materials for glass and mirrors are made exclusively colorless or white. For work with wood and laminate, acrylic colored sealants are used, they have shades such as beech, ash, pine, oak and others. Roof sealants are available in black, polyurethane, in addition to it, also have white and gray tones in their line..
If we talk about technical characteristics, then the materials have a paste consistency, they can be used at temperatures ranging from +5 to +40 degrees. The film forms in 20-30 minutes, the sealant can withstand temperatures from -40 to +110 degrees. The shelf life of the product is 12 months from the date of manufacture, and it is recommended to store it at +5 – +25 degrees.
As a rule, the necessary information is already indicated in the title of the material..
Types and application
The line of Tytan Professional sealants can be divided into several types:
Silicone sealants perfectly tolerate high humidity, temperature extremes, exposure to adverse environmental conditions, chemical elements and much more..
Silicone compounds also have their own division:
- Universal or neutral silicone sealants are used in a variety of construction applications. They adhere well to various surfaces, easily tolerate adverse weather conditions, exposure to moisture and ultraviolet radiation.
- Sanitary sealants are recommended for use in rooms with high humidity. They have special additives that protect the surface from mold and mildew..
- Glazing ideal for good adhesion to materials that have a non-porous structure.
- Products labeled “for aquariums” are environmentally friendly and do not pose a danger to its inhabitants, therefore, they are water resistant.
- High-temperature compounds can withstand temperatures up to +250 – + 300 ° C, are used for sealing works in the automotive industry and shipbuilding, they resist the effects of chemicals.
Roofing sealants produced specifically for roofing work. They perfectly withstand adverse environmental influences, precipitation and humidity, sharp temperature fluctuations. The bitumen-rubber composition is in high demand among consumers. It seals joints and seams well, is very elastic and reliable.
Emergency Roof Sealant can be used in difficult conditions such as underwater, cold temperatures and snow. This is made possible by a composition that includes synthetic rubber and is further enhanced by the addition of fiber fibers..
Polyurethane sealants are more flexible than other products from the manufacturer and are also suitable for painting. Polyurethane resists moisture and ultraviolet rays, which makes it very convenient for work not only inside, but also outside the room. Elastic cork sealant can be used to seal floor coverings, interpanel joints.
Polyurethane sealants are divided into 3 groups:
- PU 25 is designed to work with facades, window and door openings, walls and downpipes;
- PU 40 sealant is used in road works, in the automotive industry and shipbuilding, in the railway industry;
- PU 50 is used for setting up various structures.
Acrylic sealants adhere perfectly even to damp and porous substrates. They are easy to wash and can be dyed. They are mainly used for sealing interpanel seams and cracks. The Tytan Professional line produces acrylic sealants for wood and galvanized metal surfaces, frost-resistant compounds that can withstand low temperatures.
A separate group is represented by specialized formulations.
Among them are the following materials:
- Silicone Acrylic Sealant. The material is intended for work in kitchens and bathrooms, is economical, adheres well to various materials. This composition combines the main characteristics of acrylic and silicone.
- Silicate mixtures used for sealing fireplaces and stoves. They are heat-resistant, environmentally friendly, non-toxic, fire-resistant, withstand temperatures up to +1500 degrees.
- Compositions for acrylic baths adhere well to acrylic and various types of plastic. They include fillers that protect surfaces from mold and mildew.
- Silicone sealant for marble used on stone and other porous substrates.
The Tytan Professional line of sealants includes additives that are different in their properties, which allows you to use materials for work in a variety of areas and select directly those that are needed in a particular case.
Consumers are guided by a few basic parameters.
- Temperature is an important point, since the use and operation of different materials must be carried out at different temperatures. Only in this case the manufacturer can guarantee the result of the work performed..
- The elasticity of the sealant is very important. It must be taken into account when choosing a composition for moving structures..
- And, finally, the specificity of the work also influences the choice of the composition..
The wide scope of application allows Tytan Professional sealants to be used in the automotive, shipbuilding, railway industries, in private and apartment buildings, for sealing furnaces and pipes and in other, very diverse areas, and excellent reviews leave no doubt about the quality of the material..
How to use?
- The first thing to do before using the sealant is to thoroughly clean the surface. It is necessary to take into account how compatible the base and composition are, the correct selection of material will directly affect the result of the work performed.
- The cleaning of the base is carried out depending on its type. Stone and concrete are cleaned with a special brush, which removes not only dust, but also paint residues and other contaminants. Metallic substrates and plastics should be treated with a solvent. If there is mold and mildew on the substrate, the surface must first be disinfected. It should be borne in mind that soap cannot be used for this type of work, since it is not combined with sealing agents.
- The seam can have a width of 10 to 20 millimeters and a depth of no more than 12 millimeters. In more serious cases, a sealing cord should be used..
- After the base is dry, it can be sealed with masking tape to avoid contamination. Surfaces of unknown origin should be tested for compatibility in an inconspicuous area before using the sealant..
- Installation of the tube into the gun is carried out according to the instructions. After this procedure, you can apply the sealant. The action is recommended to be carried out under pressure to make the seam more durable..
- After that, the material is smoothed and the masking tape is removed. The material dries and becomes covered with a film quickly enough, after which it hardens, depending on the layer thickness and external conditions. On average, it happens at a speed of about 2 millimeters per day..
To work with Tytan Professional sealants, you will need to purchase a construction gun, which will help you apply the composition economically and correctly. Basic safety precautions are also required. If the material comes into contact with skin or clothing, it should be carefully removed. Instructions for use are located on the product packaging. Subject to these conditions and a competent approach, the result of the work will delight consumers for many years.
See below for more details.