For their comfort, people have come up with many amenities, one of the main ones being their own housing. Every minute millions of square meters of tiles are laid, hundreds and thousands of kilometers of pipelines are laid, electricity cables are laid, and so on. New technologies help us pave the road to success much faster and more confidently.
A look into the future
The main thing for a person is the comfort in the house. The construction industry does not stand still, a lot of new equipment, materials, technologies have already been invented to facilitate the work of specialists. One of the types of improvement and acceleration of the repair process is the invention of plaster mesh. It is an irreplaceable assistant in high-quality repair or construction of structures of any complexity and volume..
Before the invention of this material, people had to make frequent grooves on the surface of the walls with an ax, so that the plaster had better fastening to the wall, the second method was to build an additional lathing of small planks.
With the advent of the innovative mesh, the lifespan and attractive appearance of the restored surface have increased significantly.
The material is popular at the moment due to its properties. Under various conditions, even unfavorable ones, such as uneven walls, high humidity or temperature, an insufficiently cleaned surface, the plaster mesh will do its job perfectly, the duration of a presentable look will remain for a long time. It minimizes the negative result of the work done..
There are many types of mesh reinforcement. When selecting materials, you should pay attention to the features of the type of mesh, the size of its cells, the surface of attachment.
- masonry mesh – used for masonry, made of a polymer substance;
- station wagon – plastering and finishing works, made of polyurethane;
- glass mesh – made of specially treated fiberglass, has good strength and resistance to chemical and temperature effects, used for indoor and outdoor use;
- plurima (fiberglass) – the main component is polypropylene, chemical characteristics are inert, used for all types of finishing works;
- armaflex – the base is polypropylene, the mesh is additionally reinforced with knots, as it is superimposed on a thick layer of plaster;
- syntoflex – analogous to armaflex in composition, suitable for work in the circumference of the structure;
- steel mesh – the main material is steel rods, soldered into a solid structure, the size range of cells is quite wide;
- metal – only for interior work due to the ease of corrosion;
- galvanized – made of galvanized rods, they are soldered together into knots, has strength, durability and reliability.
Each of the types is special, depending on the working conditions, it is required to make the right choice, which will be half of a successfully completed repair. When choosing a material, using a laser or building level, you should identify the lowest point on the ceiling, assess the situation and the thickness of the future plaster layer. Depending on the measurement result, a variant of the reinforcing mesh is selected.
Scope of application
One of the most common types is fiberglass mesh, it is used for interior work in such cases:
- between partitions;
- when combining two different materials;
- in the area of large cracks;
- with an impressive thickness of the plaster layer;
- when creating a flat surface.
Fiberglass mesh is used to prevent the rapid destruction of the plaster layer, the occurrence of cracks. It gives confidence in the durability of the connection between the surface and the plaster.
Fiberglass mesh – made of high quality polymer fibers impregnated with a high percentage polyacrylic dispersion.
Types of fasteners when performing plastering work
Due to its high quality and properties, it has a wide range of uses, due to which there are several varieties.
Fiberglass painting mesh is used for interior puttying:
- finishing of the ceiling, walls, destruction of cracks;
- smoothing the joints with the adjacent surface;
- plasterboard putty;
- waterproofing works;
- processing of jambs of doors and windows.
For facade works it is used for external improvement:
- strengthening the facade of the building;
- restoration and renovation of the building;
- improvement and restoration of surface properties;
- creation of a waterproofing shell.
Universal reinforcing mesh has the ability to withstand strong stress of the plaster layer, does not allow cracking. Found application in all types of putty processes:
- waterproofing works;
- strengthening of ceilings;
- insulation of facades.
Features of fiberglass mesh
Fiberglass material has a number of positive qualities.
The main advantages should be considered:
- mechanical strength of the product;
- flexibility and elasticity in use;
- light weight of the material;
- reflection of corrosion and decay;
- increased adhesion of the plaster layer to the surface;
- resistance to deformation and any changes;
- compliance with fire safety standards;
- reinforcement of waterproofing and thermal insulation systems;
- resistance to temperature jumps, environmental changes;
- ease of fixation (attached to the mortar and the adhesion of the plaster layer occurs);
- high resistance to tearing and damage.
With all the positive aspects, it also has negative sides..
The downsides of fiberglass mesh are:
- a layer of plaster of more than six or eight millimeters must not be applied over the material;
- if used incorrectly, the perfect result will not be achieved;
- the occurrence of unpleasant sensations when interacting without protection.
Depending on the above, both positive and negative factors, it should be concluded that fiberglass mesh has excellent properties and will greatly facilitate the process of repair or construction..
Installation of plaster material
First of all, you should prepare the desired surface for work.. Regardless of whether the house is old or just built, you need to perform the same actions.
- Remove fungus, dirt, old finishes, dust.
- Then the surface must be treated with soil. This procedure is mandatory, as it acts as a protection in the future..
- It is required to let it dry completely, then preparatory work is carried out for the mesh material.
It is necessary to measure the height, cut the roll, attach to the wall and fix.
Fixation can be done in several ways: construction nails, self-tapping screws, glue.
The material is applied with an overlap. Glue should be applied under it and on its surface, thereby filling the voids to avoid cracking.
The last stage is putty. It should be immersed in smooth movements from the middle to the edge of the fiberglass. A mixture of sour cream consistency is prepared and applied to the surface, the thickness is necessarily more than one centimeter. After hardening, a second layer is applied more dense, you need to wait and level. After the right job, the result will be incredible.
See below for more details.