Contemporary residential buildings come in a variety of architectural styles. A huge selection of finishing materials allows you to make the appearance of the living space unique and memorable. The most acceptable option for finishing the facade is siding panels for house cladding..
One of the important features of siding is its variety..
There are several types of siding, depending on the material:
Each type has a rich palette of shades and different textures. For example, basement siding imitates the texture of natural materials – stone, wood. Colors are neutral, muted – light, beige, brown tones.
Metal siding is made from galvanized steel. The surface of such material is smooth or textured. Smooth panels can be positioned vertically and horizontally. The color range allows you to choose from light to dark shades.
Wood panels are an environmentally friendly material, but require more careful maintenance than other types. The paint needs to be renewed periodically.
The most common type is vinyl. It is presented in a wide range of colors, which, if properly selected, will create an individual facade for each owner..
Ceramic siding is made from clay with the addition of special binders. Imitation for brick and wood, safety, fire resistance are the advantages of this type.
More durable and practical cement siding, due to its considerable weight, is not suitable for all buildings.
Finishing siding has a number of advantages:
- withstands temperature extremes;
- resistant to bacteria and fungus;
- easy to maintain and install;
- has protective and aesthetic functions.
High-quality material has a service life of 40-50 years. With conscientious staining, panels of dark shades begin to fade after 10-12 years, then the color loses its saturation gradually, which is not noticeable. Choose from white, pastel and bright colors for your home cladding..
Thanks to the rich palette, a residential building covered with siding will sparkle with new colors. Manufacturers of this building material use the latest technology when painting panels. Sodium dioxide, mass and color stabilizers, and high-quality dyes provide color stability. Dark panels are capable of attracting a lot of sunlight, a source of ultraviolet radiation. Pastel siding will look like new for a long time.
You can make a classic home design. For this, the palette contains colors – white, beige, cream, ivory. Such tones are less susceptible to fading in the sun and harmoniously fit into the environment..
Extravagance will be given by red, graphite and black. The colors “golden oak” and “bog oak” will help to take the look of a wooden house..
Bright shades of yellow, green, blue and blue attract the attention of others. But also brown and chocolate colors remain relevant..
Manufacturers of different companies offer the consumer whole collections of flowers.. The names of the shades are different. The usual colors are white, red, green, black. There are original ones, for example, “delicious” – cream, chocolate, kiwi, lime, ice cream, banana.
For every taste and color, you can choose an unsurpassed option for finishing the premises. High-quality building materials for cladding will delight residents with their appearance for a long time.
House cladding requires an individual approach to color matching. Features such as the shape of the building, the number of floors, the surrounding landscape and size should be decisive in the choice of siding..
The easiest installation method is one color. This does not require special skills and calculations. Light shades visually enlarge a small house, while dark shades, on the contrary, reduce a large structure..
Houses with several floors can be originally decorated with siding, combining multi-colored panels. The main thing, when combining, take into account that light shades are combined with dark ones, and it is better not to abuse bright colors..
But it is also important to pay attention to what texture the plinth is made of.. Basically, the finish is done under wood or natural stone. In this case, panels in pastel shades, ivory, bronze and amber shades are ideal..
Door and window openings can be optimally beaten by choosing a color to match the roof, and the cornices and corners can be made light against a dark background.
It is better to make complex architectural structures united, focusing attention on a certain fragment – they are decorated with a different color. This allows you to give the building a more elegant look..
If the house is built on an open area, finishes in sand and pearl tones will look advantageous. White House, immersed in garden greenery, classic version of the exterior.
Small, simple houses with brightly colored siding will have an attractive appearance. For example, an old bright yellow summer cottage will charge passers-by with a positive mood..
An excellent addition to the design will be courtyard buildings made in the same style, fences.
Choice of colors
When facing the facade of a house, it is recommended to use no more than 2-3 colors. Optimal combination: dark bottom – light top, dark top – light bottom or tone on tone. You can choose a color yourself or use a computer program to select shades presented on the manufacturer’s websites. This will help you see the finished building. But there are also tables for color selection.
The color of the facade is matched to the shade of the roof:
- brown roof + cream, beige, chocolate panels;
- blue roof + white and all light shades;
- green roof + light gray, yellow;
- cherry roof + all colors except green, blue and brown;
- light roof + bright sunny shades;
- galvanized roof can be combined with any shade.
When choosing the right finish, it is important to consider the area around the house. If there is a body of water or a river near the house, blue and all shades of blue will be optimal. A house surrounded by trees should not be made in a dark color, it will look depressing. A light facade against a background of greenery will look elegant and fresh.
Gray tones evoke boredom, it is undesirable for them to sheathe the house alone, it is better to choose additional panels of another suitable color. Brown is the color of modesty, symbolizes simplicity, perfect for a country house.
The red facade will become very bright, but it should be diluted with more muted tones.. For example, decorate the corners and openings of windows in white.
The yellow shade evokes a feeling of joy and is one of the most demanded for creating the exterior of the house. Green – the color of spring mood, will transform and accentuate a small house.
Lovers of everything natural can opt for pastel colors. Bog oak, ivory, golden oak – shades that can satisfy the needs of people who want to be closer to nature.
Spectacular design examples for inspiration
Houses clad with siding look modern and presentable. The choice of style and color is available to everyone who wants to decorate their home and make it unique. Covering a new house or restoring an old summer cottage can turn panel work into an exciting creative process..
Consider the options for examples in the photo.
- The house with a red roof is clad in pastel-colored siding. The cladding of window openings and corners in the color of the roof is an excellent addition to the light facade.
- A brown roof, inserts on the windows, a beige facade against a background of green spaces make the two-story structure presentable.
- Green shades in the frame of a small house cheer up. Black roof and fuchsia-colored front door add a casual originality.
- The bright red facade and unusual windows are highlighted in white. Such a house is visible from afar and is able to attract views..
- Wood-like sheathing combined with a chocolate-colored roof. Drain, corners and window openings to match the roof, plinth lined with brick siding.
- The sophisticated architecture of the house is highlighted by the cladding in gray-blue tones. Imitation of natural stone at the entrance and white complements are harmoniously combined with the facade and roof.
- Option to combine basement siding with horizontal sheathing with green panels.
- Shades of pink facade against the backdrop of greenery. The metal roof does not spoil the overall look, but, on the contrary, balances the romantic colors.
- An ensemble of detached houses in the same style with multi-colored finishing.
- Textured siding in beige and brown tones gives presentability to this structure..
- Option for cladding with metal siding under a bar. Cornices, window openings and white gutters dilute the brown range of the facade and roof.
- A successful combination of fragments and finishing colors.
- Bright colors of the facade and roof will create a spring mood on a cloudy day.
- The combination of green and yellow in the cladding of a country house.
- Two-storey cottage in tricolor colors.
Video about decorating a house with metal siding, see below.