Every owner of any private property at least once wondered how to protect their possessions from intruders. The urgency of this problem is confirmed by more than one dozen cases of robbery and theft. It is not always possible to be constantly in the same place, especially if it is a garage, and hiring a security guard is very costly. In such a situation, an alarm will be a very useful device, thanks to which it will not only be possible to respond to thieves in time, but also save a good budget..
There are special places in which garages are constantly monitored by employees of security companies, but situations occur when specialized security does not notice some kind of incident. The human factor plays a major role in this.. When using electrical alarms, the safety of your garage, summer cottage or house will be almost 100% ensured..
In the event of suspicious actions in your property, the security system will send an alarm signal to the security console, after which an outfit will leave the scene of the incident, which will prevent illegal actions on your property.
Burglars can get into your garage in a variety of ways, so you need to protect the garage from any type of intrusion, for this you need to assemble a full-fledged autonomous GSM alarm system, which must have all the components.
- Main Panel with a GSM module – a kind of center of the entire system, thanks to which the alarm works and information is sent to the security console or telephone. The panel should be located away from eyes in some secluded place.
- Opening sensors, which are triggered when doors, windows or gates are opened, on which they are installed.
- Sound and vibration sensors – they need to be installed in places of the best audibility. An alarm is triggered when there are loud sounds or vibrations that occur when walls or roofs are broken.
- Motion sensors – it is necessary to place them around the entire perimeter of the garage so that each site, and most importantly, the entrance, is within their visibility zone. The signal is triggered when any movement appears.
- In some cases you can install a siren, if your alarm system is not tied to a security company. A siren is a device that, with the help of sound, can scare off a burglar, as well as attract the attention of people passing by.
- You can also install microphone, which will be used to obtain more accurate information from the scene of the robbery.
- In addition to burglar alarms you can install a fire alarm (sensor) that will help prevent a fire in your garage.
All garage alarms are divided into types corresponding to different characteristics.
- Centralized – a type of mechanical signaling in which the warning signal interacts with the central system. First, the information is sent to the central monitoring station, where it is processed, and only then an alarm signal is given. Basically, this type is highly dependent on human factors, so it can not always guarantee a timely response.
- Autonomous – an alarm system that works without outside control and itself decides on the transmission of an alarm signal. There are many advantages of autonomous signaling. Firstly, the response time is reduced – information about the alarm comes much faster, so the guard has time to react more quickly. Secondly, the cost of maintaining such an alarm is reduced, since it does not require the work of additional people (operators).
It can also be noted that management of this type is quite simple..
Autonomous alarms are also divided according to the method of information transmission:
- Wired – a simple alarm system using wires to transmit information. This system has many disadvantages. The most important disadvantages are dependence on electricity and the possibility of damage to the cable. After this damage, the alarm ceases to function, and it takes a lot of time to restore it. Also, such an alarm is easier for a burglar to notice, since the cable runs along the surface in some places..
- Wireless – signaling in which no cables are used in transmission. The disadvantages of this design are the high cost of equipment, which is compensated by a cheaper installation, and the dependence of the alarm on batteries or accumulators..
Also, alarms can be divided according to their functionality:
- Security – alarm required to detect illegal entry into your property by a motion sensor. It, in turn, is divided into sound and light subtypes, depending on the sensors that are included in this system. Sometimes these two subtypes are combined in one.
- Fire department – a warning system that gives a signal when a fire is detected for timely warning.
Such a sensor reacts to violation of the smoke rate.
Sensor connection diagrams
To solve the problem in the installation of all sensors, you can resort to a simple scheme option:
- The opening sensor must be installed right next to the gate for instant response.
- The motion sensors must be located in opposite corners of the garage so that each meter falls into the field of view of one of the sensors.
- The main panel of the device can be hidden in any part of the garage, but so that it is not noticeable, because it is the main component of the entire system, since this panel has feedback with the owner of the property.
If you bind the SIM card of the cell phone to the alarm, then the main unit will act as a message router.
- Sound and vibration sensors should be located near the entrance and at the end of the garage for greater efficiency.
- The siren should be closer to the entrance so that people passing by can hear it.
- The microphone can be installed anywhere with good audibility.
- The best place for a fire detector is above the car..
In some cases, it is possible to use an alarm simulator, but this option cannot guarantee one hundred percent safety, because not every thief can lead to this..
How to install?
Now the complete installation of any type of alarm costs a lot of money, so if you have at least minimal skills in working with GSM alarms, then it will be much more profitable to make and install an alarm system with your own hands..
This process takes place in several stages:
- first you need to pull out the ball-shaped element from the motion sensor;
- then you need to pull out the board by pushing apart the metal rivets;
- then you need to connect the relay, siren and batteries to the sensor;
- the next step will be to install the siren and the unit according to the above scheme;
- if you decide to install a wired alarm, then you will have to carry out an underground cable so that extra wires do not stick out and do not give out the presence of an alarm;
- in the end, it is necessary to configure all sensors in sensitivity and other parameters.
If the system begins to lose signal, you can amplify the signal propagated by the main panel to achieve maximum performance. To do this, you need to install a special wire to amplify the signal, which will contribute to faster signal transmission..
You can also complement the security picture by installing one or more cameras, which should also be connected to your device or security console.
In the absence of such, a battery-powered car recorder can be adapted as a shooting device..
Tips & Tricks
There are many nuances associated with the installation or use of alarm systems for garages. Their knowledge will help to avoid mistakes when installing the device.. Here they are:
- Before installing the alarm, you will have to insulate the garage at least to a minimum, because very few devices can withstand low temperatures.
- You will have to put the car so that it does not interfere with any of the sensors, because for the system to fully function, each of them must be in working order.
- The purchase of each component must be carried out, having previously familiarized yourself with all the elements. Each sensor, alarm or control panel must be of high quality, multifunctional, and most importantly, reliable for the whole system to work correctly.. Do not forget that cheap equipment is not always of high quality..
- In order to always be aware of what is happening in your property, it is advisable to bind your SIM card to the SIM card inserted into the GSM module and receive all information about what is happening on your cell phone.
- Do not forget about the location of your garage and take into account all the features of such an arrangement so that the signal of the incident arrives promptly and in the best quality..
- When choosing the type of alarm you need, you must take into account the features and characteristics of each of them..
- If the alarm system is tied to any security system, it is worth knowing the numbers of all the guards who can be contacted during an alarm in your garage..
- If possible, it is worth installing video cameras for complete observation of the entire area of the territory..
A standard alarm system must meet the following technical capabilities:
- the most important thing is, of course, the timely identification of a dangerous situation;
- prompt sending of SMS warnings and / or warnings to the security console;
- timely notification of a violation of the temperature regime (if there is a special sensor);
- removal / installation of the alarm at a distance;
- removal / installation of alarm using special keys.
At the moment, there are a lot of alarm manufacturers on the market, so it is quite difficult for an ordinary user to understand this huge assortment. The well-deserved love of buyers is used by the alarm system Intruder Alarm. Its characteristics: the alarm set includes a signaling device, a panel, two control panels. A feature of this manufacturer is that all motion sensors and a siren are already included in the body of the alarm itself. The case is attached to the wall through a special hole, 4 batteries are inserted at the bottom of the panel.
The motion sensor operates on a radius of up to 6 meters.
The essence of the alarm is that after the sensor detects any movement, a loud alarm is triggered. This sound can scare away all unwanted visitors..
Pros of the device:
- It has no wires, which allows you to calmly place it completely anywhere in the object;
- Very easy operation and installation;
- Small size;
- Loud siren sound;
- The ability to install several alarms at one facility, which increases the productivity of each of them.
Having a large number of advantages, such an alarm will be an excellent option for installation in your garage..
Today, a GSM alarm system is one of the best ways to protect your property, in particular your garage. Such a system has a huge number of advantages and can guarantee you a prompt message of information about the incident.. At the moment, there is a huge selection of manufacturers and types of alarms, but you can choose the right one only after reading the characteristics of each type. But whatever type of alarm you buy, do not forget that you cannot save on security, you need to buy only high-quality devices to protect the premises..
A high-quality and expensive alarm will pay off much faster than some cheaper analogue that can let you down in a difficult situation.
You can find out how to make the simplest alarm for a garage with your own hands by watching the video a little below.