At dachas, in private estates, it is customary to build utility blocks for various purposes. If you add a canopy to them, you get a comfortable, protected from heat and precipitation area for recreation or a car. In the article we will talk about the types of projects and methods of building canopies with utility blocks.
Hozblok is a small room designed for specific needs, but there are also yard buildings for universal purposes.. They can contain:
- shower and toilet;
- storage for gardening, construction and household tools;
- residential change house used during the construction of the main house;
- chicken coop, goat’s house and other dwellings of domestic animals;
- a place for growing seedlings and storing conservation;
- small summer kitchen.
This is not the whole list of useful tasks that farm buildings solve on private plots, everyone can extend the list based on their own needs..
Sheds increase the usable area of the utility block and serve for different purposes.
- A canopy near the workshop will allow the owner to tinker with large structures outside the cramped walls of the building.
- A visor over the seedling shed will help keep it outdoors in the daytime, protecting it from the scorching sun.
- To protect from the heat, a canopy is also important over the chicken coop..
- Near the summer kitchen, in an artificial shade, there is a recreation area.
- Most often, carports are arranged for cars. Even garage owners leave their car in the yard for a day. This saves time on parking and allows you to quickly use the vehicle if necessary..
When building a utility block, the canopy can be immediately included in the project and both structures can be built under one roof. This approach will save materials, construction time and, as a result, the owner will receive a harmonious building. Those who did not take advantage of this opportunity in a timely manner attach the visor to the already finished outbuilding. Or vice versa, they install a change house next to a built canopy..
The scale of the construction of sheds with utility blocks depends on the size of the personal plot and economic necessity. On a large territory, you can install a spacious workshop and a shed for 2-3 cars. For a compact recreation area near the change house with summer cottage equipment, you will need a minimum of space.
Sheds, relative to the structure, can take any place – at the entrance, from the back, they often plan a side or corner option. It should be remembered that buildings are not registered and are not taxed if they do not have a strong foundation and fit into sizes up to 50 sq. m.
We offer to consider examples of different types of similar structures and get acquainted with their projects.
Workshop with a canopy for 2 cars
A large building occupying 6×9 sq. m total area. Hozblok (3×6 sq. M.) Contains two rooms – a generator room and a workshop. The carport (6×6 sq. M) is located on the side of the rear wall of the building and is designed for a separate parking space for cars.
Canopy with utility block and gazebo
The building occupies 10.5×5.6 sq. m of total area and is suitable for a large plot of land. A canopy measuring 5.5×4 sq. m for one car and a gazebo – 3×5.6 sq. m located on different sides of the utility block (2×4 sq. m). The side entrance to the outbuilding allows you to quickly get into it both from the side of the gazebo and from the parking area.
The most common material for the construction of awnings is polycarbonate. Depending on the species, it is capable of transmitting light from 80 to 90%. Some polycarbonate products block UV light. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the sketches of buildings using this material:
- the roof of the canopy made of profiled pipes is fixed on one side of the roof of the utility unit, the other is held by supports;
- a small change house and a parking lot are covered with a common shed resting on a fence and metal piles;
- a complex of outbuildings under a common polycarbonate roof.
Considering options for ready-made buildings, you can note a lot of interesting things for yourself. Let’s break them down into several categories – the shaded area next to the utility block is intended for:
- for cars;
- for relax;
- for different needs.
Outbuilding with a carport
- Combined structure with a roof for a car, built of cinder block and a narrow board.
- A parking lot and a small change house assembled from identical metal sheets.
- Solid wooden structure with a gable roof.
- Hozblok and canopy is built of corrugated board, fixed on a metal frame.
- Beautiful and cozy recreation area made of wood.
- A miniature dining area next to the same compact utility block is located under the same roof.
- Tensioned textile roof for the pergola, fixed on the wall of the outbuilding.
- Two-level barbecue area.
- A beautiful rack canopy and a utility block are not connected to each other, but act as a single ensemble.
Hozblok with a canopy for various needs
- The place under the shed is perfectly protected from bad weather conditions, as it is located between the garage and the barn. The whole complex of buildings is united by a common roof and a single rear wall.
- The author’s project of a wooden structure is an ensemble of outbuildings, sheds, benches for rest.
- Extravagant transparent polycarbonate canopy mounted on the roof of the utility unit.
- Simple, comfortable and beautiful buildings with a flat roof, made of slatted material.
For building walls, roofs and supports, different types of materials may be needed. The finished change house is sheathed with a board, OSB plates, a block house, clapboard. Supports for a canopy are erected from brick, stone, concrete, foam blocks, wooden beams or metal racks.
Roofing material can be varied.
Wooden roofs fit organically into the natural landscape of the site, they are beautiful, carry good energy and protect from heat better than synthetic materials. Before using boards, slats, bars are treated with an antifungal composition.
This polymer is the most popular coating for canopies, as the material is capable of transmitting light and retaining ultraviolet rays..
Polycarbonate is 100 times stronger than glass, it is plastic, bends well, beautiful arched structures are obtained from it.
This coating is produced in different types:
- ceramic tiles are made from clay, are heavy and expensive items;
- metal tiles are 10 times lighter and cheaper, they are often used for roofing outbuildings;
- bituminous (soft) tile consists of small elements, it is easy to equip complex curly roofs with it.
How to build?
Many owners of suburban areas can quickly make a simple outbuilding with a canopy with their own hands. For this, they initially draw up a drawing of the structure, make calculations, according to which materials are purchased.
If a carport is planned for a car, the place should be chosen near the gate or with an easy access to it. The way to the parking lot should not coincide with the actively visited part of the yard. The building is not brought closer to the windows of a residential building so as not to obstruct the view.
When the site is selected, the site is leveled and prepared for construction..
For future construction, it is necessary to purchase wooden blocks, metal profiles, crushed stone, cement, sand. Thermal washers and self-tapping screws will be needed to install polycarbonate.
For a small outbuilding and supports for a canopy, you will need a columnar foundation. For its construction, markings are made on the terrain according to the scheme, using pegs with ropes. In the marked places, holes are dug under the pillars 50-100 cm deep. The number of pillars depends on the size of the change house and the severity of the canopy.
The main four supports are installed at the corners of the building. Depending on its size, intermediate pillars will be needed, located in one and a half meter increments. At the same time, piles are also installed under the canopy..
With the help of crushed stone and concrete, the supports and the foundation are cemented. Let it dry from 2 to 7 days, the timing depends on the weather conditions.
When the foundation dries up, they begin to work with the base for the floor, lay the boards placed on the edge (logs), pour expanded clay between them and cover with a rough board. Finish flooring is installed after the walls have been erected..
At the next stage, a strapping is made in the upper part of the supports, beams or longitudinal beams are horizontally installed (if the frame is metal), a drain is mounted. Then the lathing of the walls is built – either with wooden beams or shaped pipes. The walls of the frame are sheathed with boards, sheets of metal profiles or other building materials.
The rafters are installed on the upper harness, a crate is created and a roof covering is mounted – boards, shingles, roofing material, any other material. The seams are overlapped, they should fall on the lags. In the case of polycarbonate, on the contrary, small gaps are left between the sheets, otherwise, in the summer heat, the material may crack..
It is possible to build a utility block with a canopy from various materials, but if the aesthetics of the yard and the ability to fit the building into the landscape design are important, it is better to choose materials that duplicate the main building – a residential building.
Overview of a canopy with a utility block in the video.