On fine days, you really want to go out into nature, breathe in the fresh air and cook delicious fried meat on the grill or barbecue grills. It is quite possible to combine business with pleasure in your own dacha by building a gazebo with a barbecue, stove or barbecue.
The usual outdoor recreation with a portable barbecue is gradually becoming a thing of the past. Modern trends are such that most summer residents equip a whole complex on their plots for a full-fledged comfortable rest. In the gazebo, which saves from any vagaries of the weather, you can install not only a brazier, but also a stove, smokehouse or brazier – it all depends on the area of the gazebo itself, the size of the site and personal preferences.
One way or another, the building should be practical and contain all the essentials..
Even a small gazebo should be divided into several zones..
- In the cooking area near the barbecue there is a small table and a small sink. You should also hang a shelf for storing kitchen tools there. If space permits, it is permissible to install a refrigerator in the gazebo, in which it is convenient to store drinks and meat..
- In the dining area, you need to put a table and several benches or stools. Furniture should be small, which will not only save space, but also provide greater maneuverability when cooking.
Each element of the gazebo must be durable and resistant to aggressive weather conditions, and, if necessary, it must be easy to clean. Therefore, for the internal arrangement of gazebos, it is worth giving preference to wood, metal or stone..
It is recommended to carry out a number of preparatory work and draw up a project for the future construction. You can use ready-made projects or contact specialists, which will immediately affect the cost of the gazebo. But this building is quite realistic to design yourself.
To do this, you should take into account a number of important points..
- You need to choose a place for the gazebo – ideally, it should be near the house, while the smoke from the barbecue should not get there. The building should be placed under the spreading branches of trees, and if there is a beautiful flower bed on the site, an alpine slide is made or an artificial pond is equipped, it is worth placing the gazebo so that you can admire the beauty of the site with your own hands..
- The gazebo should be located away from power lines and gas pipelines, it should not be near household blocks, compost pits or livestock buildings. Deaf walls in the gazebo are placed on the leeward side and, if placed near a neighbor’s fence.
- If the plans include the construction of a heavy overall structure, you should consider the arrangement of the foundation, the strength of the connection of frame elements. Care must be taken to ensure that the flooring is not slippery and the roof is solid. Often the roof is covered with metal tiles, slate, euro-slate or corrugated board.
- It is recommended to observe fire safety. The distance from the source of fire to wooden furniture must be at least three meters. On both sides of the stove, barbecue or fireplace there should be a meter of free space, the distance from the wall to the stove should be at least three hundred centimeters. And also it is necessary to provide for thermal insulation of roof ceilings..
- The dimensions of the building are determined based on the characteristics of the site itself and the chosen place for construction work. The expected number of tourists is also taken into account. For a large and hospitable family gathering 10-15 people under one roof, the area of the building should be at least four by four square meters. If 5-6 people are going to do it, you can limit yourself to building three by three meters.
- When designing lighting, it should be borne in mind that bright light is needed only in the cooking area, and in the dining room and recreation area, it is enough to place spotlights with soft light. Each electrical appliance should be grounded, the wires should be laid with a special cable, and the wooden elements should be treated with fire-resistant agents..
- Open gazebos are a canopy with an installed brazier – they are intended only for the warm days of spring, summer and autumn. Closed views allow you to relax outside the house at any time of the year, and semi-open garden pavilions are a kind of “golden mean”: they are not hot in summer, and in winter the stove is protected from the weather by three walls. If desired, you can design a semi-open type of gazebo with a transforming wall.
- A suitable configuration for the future building should be chosen. The round gazebo has a small area, and dense vegetation will be its best decoration. The rectangular structure is more spacious and allows you to divide the area of the gazebo into zones. The square option is also practical, only the dining area will have to be made smaller. The original polygonal design will decorate the site and will be easy to use if you think over everything to the smallest detail.
At the design stage, the desired furnace structure is selected, while it should be borne in mind that at least two sources of fire are placed in small-sized arbors, and as many as five in a more spacious area..
To avoid piling up “firing points”, it is worth considering the most popular designs.
- Traditionally, a portable or stationary barbecue is installed in the gazebos. Often, in order to save money, a portable barbecue is assigned a certain place and covered with bricks. It is possible to combine a barbecue and a smokehouse, as well as a barbecue and a barbecue – then, in addition to skewers, you will also need an iron grate for frying meat.
- A brick stationary barbecue oven is installed by mounting it into the wall, and a lightweight portable option is placed in the center of the room, having equipped a hood above the stove. The gazebo, in the middle of which the hearth burns comfortably, looks very original, but washing the barbecue grate is more difficult than a skewer.
- The Russian mini-oven will allow you to cook not only your favorite meat dishes, but also surprise guests with culinary delights prepared literally without leaving the gazebo. For such a design, not only a properly organized chimney system is important, but also the process of its construction, which has a number of nuances. Therefore, its manufacture and installation should be entrusted to professional stove-makers..
- The mobile light grill with a special lid allows you to cook food by heating it from the top and bottom. If necessary, it can be moved from place to place, which allows efficient use of space.
- Fans of Asian cuisine should “attach” a cauldron or tandoor to the usual grill. The first will allow you to cook delicious pilaf, and the second is intended for cooking meat, flat cakes and bread. It is not so easy to install these structures yourself – you will need the help of a professional, but they are very convenient in the cold season..
- If funds allow, you should pay attention to the prefabricated oven complex, which immediately includes several functions: a brazier and a smokehouse, a barbecue and a cauldron, a brazier and a grill. The kit includes items such as a sink and a cooking table. It is the best option for spacious gazebos and large companies..
When installing the brazier, oven and barbecue in the gazebo, you need to take into account that all its elements will be in the immediate vicinity of an open fire. Therefore, you should choose materials that are reliable, fireproof and resistant to high temperatures..
Among all the variety, only a few materials are worthy of attention..
- Brick gazebos are durable, fireproof, they are not afraid of any weather conditions, they also do not need periodic repairs. At the same time, brick gazebos require the arrangement of the foundation, and the construction process is very laborious.
- Lightweight structures made of timber, logs or planks are easy to assemble and process. The environmental friendliness of the material is beyond doubt, and the design itself will be an adornment of any site.
At the same time, wood needs constant care; before construction work, it must be treated with refractory and antiseptic compounds. If you plan to install a stove, the wooden structure also needs a solid foundation..
- Long-lasting, reliable and budgetary options are gazebos made of shaped pipes. As a rule, they are self-assembled and then decorated with glass and polycarbonate. An expensive option is forged gazebos, which are brought to the site already assembled. Metal structures do not require the installation of a foundation, do not need finishing, and the final stage of installation is treatment with an anti-corrosion agent.
- Gazebos built of combined materials are gaining popularity. For example, the wall adjacent to the stove is made of brick, the recreation area is equipped with wooden elements and wicker furniture, and fancifully curved forged elements decorate wide openings. For the construction of such gazebos, a massive foundation is required, but their original appearance will more than pay off the money spent..
The gazebo should not only be functional and comfortable, but also beautiful. Often, its design is determined by the selected building materials. So, it is recommended to decorate a wooden gazebo in the Russian style with carved cornices and a relief pattern on the walls..
There are a number of styles that allow you to deviate from stereotypes and build a truly custom building..
- The gazebo in the style of a French chalet has a wide roof overhang that protrudes 1.5 meters from the walls of the structure. And also it is equipped with a four-slope insulated roof and volumetric cornices. The interior is decorated with hunting trophies in the form of skins or heads of wild animals. Let’s admit a more “peaceful” option, when earthenware is placed on the shelves and tables, and the walls are decorated with wreaths and garlands of fresh flowers. The natural texture is preserved on wooden furniture, and the gazebo itself is decorated in discreet brown, terracotta, red and gray tones..
- Classic gazebos attract attention with clear forms and laconic design. Wood and marble are used as decoration, and the interior is kept in soft pastel colors. Decorating with forged elements, curly cornices, as well as flowerpots with fresh flowers is acceptable.
- A small elevation above an artificial reservoir is an ideal position for an oriental-style gazebo. Often it is decorated in the form of a Chinese pagoda or a Japanese rotunda. To emphasize the style, it is worth equipping a multi-tiered curly roof, the corners of which are directed upwards. Finishing with natural materials, including bamboo and reed, is encouraged. The interior should be designed in a calm color scheme and decorated with rice paper, mats, miniature furniture and floor lamps..
- The Finnish six- or eight-sided building, also called a grill house, will appeal to fans of suburban rest. Finishing from natural materials does not require additional processing, deer skin and wall clocks will create a special environment. Well, textiles in the form of napkins, tablecloths and curtains will create a nice cozy atmosphere..
- A riot of Mediterranean-style greenery will delight all gardeners. This style is an excellent solution for those who adore climbing plants, but do not like shearing and weeding, because it suggests the effect of a little neglect. The Mediterranean pergola is made of wood and wrought metal, and pots with fresh flowers are hung on openwork gratings..
- The Provencal style, beloved by summer residents, involves a combination of coarse fabrics and weightless lace products, light wicker and massive wrought-iron furniture. Provence allows you to decorate the interior with vases, candlesticks and paintings. At the same time, this style assumes the presence of free space, so you should think about the compact placement of all interior items..
Tips & Tricks
The device of a garden gazebo with a stove, barbecue and barbecue is a costly enterprise.
If you are planning a winter vacation in a gazebo, and the financial issue is fundamental, you should choose any option for building an economy class.
- The walls of the gazebo can be made from plastic bottles, which should be pierced with metal rods and attached to the main frame. The use of bottles of all shapes and colors is encouraged..
- Green, blue and brown bottles are stacked in rows, fastened together with a special solution. Such walls not only let the sun’s rays through, but also shine beautifully. It is important that such a gazebo is in the shade, otherwise it will be uncomfortable to be in it..
- The simplest option is to build a gazebo from sawn branches and logs. Rough building will organically fit into the design of any site. The wood should be cleaned of bark, treated with antiseptic and refractory compounds, and then varnished.
Whichever design option is chosen, it will require maintenance. If the choice is on a metal structure, a grill house or a brick building, there is nothing to worry about: they easily endure bad weather.
Wooden and combined gazebos should be thoroughly prepared for the winter period by performing the following steps:
- open buildings are wrapped in stretch film, having previously cleaned them of fallen leaves, which can lead to wood decay; then holes are made in the film for ventilation;
- furniture, dishes, cutlery, decor items and mobile equipment should be removed into the house, and glass should be covered with plywood sheets;
- putty and replacement of wooden handrails and gratings, cracking with the approach of spring, should be done in a timely manner;
- periodically it is worth processing with protective compounds – specific terms are indicated on the preparations themselves.
Compliance with simple rules will allow not only to create a beautiful, original design, but also to preserve it for a long time in its original form.
For an overview of the gazebo with barbecue, barbecue and cauldron, see the next video.